cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 4 of 38

Full fibre broadband

Before I begin, several people have asked exactly this same question but none of the existing replies are relevant to my situation - so I'm asking for myself.

A few weeks ago I had the need to call an OpenReach engineer to my premises on a different matter irrelevant to this question. While he was here, I asked him when my village was likely to get fibre broadband as I've never been able to get it and I've seen many deals and promotions pass by. To my amazement, he told me that my street has had FULL FIBRE (FTTP) for the last 5 years - possibly longer. So I asked him why haven't we been told this. He checked my postcode and my exact address and told me that it wasn't available here yet. Even the engineer found that unacceptable and somewhat suspicious. He pointed me at an OpenReach online form for me to fill in if my neighbours have fibre but I don't and I duly filled it in. I got absolutely NO feedback from BT or OpenReach about my enquiry so I rang BT. They, in turn contacted OpenReach. It is IMPOSSIBLE to actually speak to anyone at OpenReach and BT said they would escalate the issue on my behalf. I got a couple of perfunctory emails from them which basically said that the 'necessary infrastructure is not available "in your area" yet' - which is complete BS because every single neighbour around me has an FTTP connection EXCEPT me and that includes other people who live in the same postcode! Long story short - I decided to make a total nuisance of myself until I got an explanation and logged several calls back with BT. From one of these calls I was given a QISxxxx number to 'quote in any communication with OpenReach' - which, we all know, is utterly impossible - thereby negating the relevance of the QISxxxx number! Can anyone tell me why connection is a function of HOUSE PREMISES and not just POSTCODE? This reeks of totally unacceptable discrimination based upon - I have no idea - what! Is there anyone else in the same position? How do you break the deadlock and -  more importantly - how do you actually get to SPEAK to OpenReach and use the QISxxxx reference? I just want to know what's going on. I think 5 years NOT to provide full access to fibre is utterly unacceptable! Can anyone sort me out please?

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38

Re: Neighbour has fibre I can't

Hi.

Would you be able to post a link to the Openreach website where you found your address because I've found absolutely nothing of any relevance there myself. I've been beating my brains out about getting fibre for ages and it feels like I'm shouting into a vacuum. I'm on the verge of leaving BT.

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 38

the thread you posted on is over 3yrs old so move to start your own thread

enter your phone number if BT customer otherwise use address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 38

If you have used the availability checker you can make a fibre enquiry with openreach here: https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Message 5 of 38

Re: Full fibre broadband

Open reach do not deal, with the public only with their customers  ISPs

Enter your phone umber and post results. Remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 38

Hi Imjolly!

Just used your link to get my data for my area with the following results:

You will notice that NO fibre appears to be possible and the statement about 'this exchange is not in a fibre priority area' is absolute BS because - clearly - everyone around me can get fibre.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 19.48.20.jpg

 Many thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

Hi Ojobson,
I've filled that form in twice now. A complete waste of time. Nothing happens - not even do you get an update unless you ring BT!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 38

Hi.
Imjolly below has posted a link to the fibre checker. If your address does not show up in that, I've been told that it's a screw-up with BT's customer database so you need to ring them and try to get someone to sort you out. You are not alone, many, many people report exactly the same problem that you're having. If either BT or OpenReach spoke to people more often we wouldn't get so damned frustrated. Good luck with the quest ahead of you.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

@Nuketamilnadu wrote:

Hi Imjolly!

Just used your link to get my data for my area with the following results:

You will notice that NO fibre appears to be possible and the statement about 'this exchange is not in a fibre priority area' is absolute BS because - clearly - everyone around me can get fibre.

 Many thanks for your reply.

Enter the address in the checker that you consider has fibre and post the result please.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 38

Dslchecker results certainly don't show any fibre connections available to your phone number

Have you tried phoning the FTTP Team 08005874787 and see if they can help you if you are so sure  neighbours have FTTP

0 Ratings