cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Full fibre connection to the house

I'm having full fibre broadband installed on Wednesday.  The connection to my house is actually located on my next door neighbour's fascia board and she wants this to be removed.  The fascia board on my house is too low for the cable  to be attached.  Can anything be done about this?  Can something be attached to my fascia board to raise the cable up enough?  It goes across the road and needs to be a certain height.  My neighbour refuses to speak to me so I can't discuss it with her.   She did come out once and say, 'You can remove that cable now,' and then went back indoors without any discussion.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Full fibre connection to the house

If the engineer cannot get the correct clearance over the road they may need to arrange for a pole to be installed your side of the road. However this will take a few weeks to organise. Hopefully your neighbours will not object 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thank you.   There's nowhere to put a pole as the house is on the road.   The only way would be to attach a pole to the house.  Should I contact BT before the engineer comes?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Wait for the engineer to attend, he  may need to pass the job onto a survey officer. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 5 of 18

Okay thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

If a pole is required because your neighbour refuses to allow the new cable to follow the route of the existing copper cable , and that pole cannot go if the footpath outside your home ( which is probably why the copper cable is on your neighbours property ( never a good thing ) then you may need to accept a pole in your garden if that’s the appropriate solution, if you refuse that ( assuming it’s possible ) then any other solution may be chargeable ( for example if you said why not provide an underground feed )
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

There’s a Bracket 32 they can attach, commonly known as the Swan Neck. It’ll give you an additional 6, maybe  inches clearance. 

There are two other Brackets, a 44 and 54. The 44 would give a clearance of about 1/2m, maybe a bit less. The 54 would give a bit more but neither can attached to a fascia, they have to go on brick. They also stick out like a sore thumb, big massive clumpy things, they’d certainly be game changers in a bar fight if you know what I mean.

Other than that the only other option if they can’t put a new telephone pole in is to do a dig and duct from the base of the pole to your house.

Message 8 of 18

The connection comes from a pole which is across the road and next to a telephone box.  My cottage is terraced and it's in the middle of a row of three.  All three cottages are adjacent to the road and don't have front gardens.   It wouldn't be possible to put up a pole to support the cable.   The connection box used to be on our fascia board but due to new regulations it had to be raised a bit.  My neighbour's fascia is a bit higher and she originally gave permission for our box to be put on her fascia board.  Unfortunately she didn't tell her husband and he went berserk.  He came round later with a white flag (literally) and agreed that the box could stay there.  He passed on a few years ago and his wife now says she wants the box removed.  I don't really understand the problem.  The cable doesn't need to be raised by very much to give the correct height.  Maybe a bracket could be attached.  The fascia board is pvc and is ten years old.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

As said the 22 can attach to a Fascia but the 2 bigger ones I mentioned can’t. 

Its not a case of, ‘we could but we can’t because procedure says no’.

It is the case that they simply can’t due to their size/weight and that they need to be held in place with 4 massive bolt that would tear your fascia board apart.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

You neighbour is not right in asking you to have it removed. You cannot do so, only Openreach can do that and she, not you must discuss twith Openreach.

As she granted wayleave it is an argument between her solicitors and Openreach's.

It is not something you should be concerned about as it has nothing to do with you.

0 Ratings