cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Full fibre connection to the house

I meant the smaller bracket might be able to be attached as the cable doesn't need to be raised much.  I'm really not sure about the disagreement with the nieghbour.  I would have thought she would have contacted BT if she was really bothered but she seemed to think I should arrange it.  I haven't really said anything about it.  I just left it as I didn't think it was up to me.    I've only put it on this forum because an engineer is coming out to install a fibre cable and that will mean working on the box attached to my neighbour's house.    As long as I have a phone line and broadband I don't really mind where the cable is.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

The box attached to you neighbour's facia has absolutely nothing to do with your new FTTP connection. The install engineer will put you mind at rest, just talk to him. He won't need to go anywhere near the existing box.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

That's a relief.  My neighbour would be out there telling him or her off otherwise.  I have to admit I was tempted to leg it and leave them to it but I've been told I must stay in.  

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Can you update us, would be interested to know how the engineer will get the overhead fibre "cable" to your house. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

He's coming Wednesday afternoon.  I'll let you know.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

I think the engineer may be able to reroute the cable and attach it to the end of the house.  I've had a look at the house next door and further down and theirs is on a gable end.  I have a small gable that should be high enough so I hope this is something they can do.  The house is built of granite so it's not the easiest to work with.  They've done it next for my neighbour on the other side so hopefully they can find a way of doing mine. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

The engineer was unable to connect a cable to my house.  They are going to dig up the road.  Apparently next door's fascia board is too low so they couldn't have used that anyway.  They should have sent a surveyor a couple of weeks ago but no-one came here to look or put in a report. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Thanks for the update 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings