cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre to the Home

Hi, does anyone know who to contact about a broadband fault that has been going on for three and a half months now. I am in touch with the BT Executive Customer Resolution team but I am getting nowhere. The fault originally was a major outage and since then new cables have been run at the end of my street about 3 weeks ago but BT Openreach are saying that they haven't got any engineers available to splice the cables! This fault has been ongoing since the 16th July with loads of phone calls, estimated fix dates which continue to be missed and a number of Openreach home visits where no one turns up and no one lets you know that they will not attend the home visit.

I am really frustrated as BT have not been able to push for a resolve of this problem. I am due a call today from the ECR but I am not expecting any good news.

I think Virgin are going to get a new customer very soon!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre to the Home

Unfortunately if there are no engineers available to spilce the fibre it's a matter of waiting. Not helpful I know but that's the reality.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

As you are already dealing with ELC then nobody here can provide any better assistance.

If you can't wait then just move to Virgin as threatening won't make openreach appear any faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your reply and input.

So waiting 4 months for a fault to be fixed is the reality nowadays. No wonder people on here moan so much about BT's poor customer service. 

I am ex BT and in fact a BT pensioner and I will and have always given BT the benefit of the doubt but is seems that the attitude from BT Openreach is abysmal to say the least.

Still no resolve from BT as of today - the wait goes on! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your reply and input.

So do you think waiting 4 months for a fault to be fixed is acceptable!

As an ex BT engineer and a BT pensioner I have always lauded BT for their customer service but is seems that the attitude and response from BT Openreach is abysmal to say the least.

Not threatening to move to Virgin just stating a possible resolve to my problem as they are the only other supplier to provide fibre to the home. Other suppliers use the BT network as I'm sure you are aware. 

Still no resolve from BT as of today - the wait goes on! 

0 Ratings