cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full specifications for FTTP hub

I will be ordering broadband for a new build home that has FTTP. I want to know if the BT hub that comes with this has guest network facility.

Can someone tell me what model of the hub BT will supply, and point me in the direction of the full specifications for same please?

TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full specifications for FTTP hub

Unless you intend to use BT's Digital Voice service there is no need to use the supplied BT router. No BT router has guest WiFi functionality. There is no source of the full specification of the BT routers. If you have any other specific questions regarding functionality, this forum is the best source of information.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Oh that's a shame. I was also hoping to have the EE backup service which I presume only works with the BT hub.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Correct. I think the EE backup system is a triumph of marketing and an unnecessary facility. FTTP is far more reliable than the copper network.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Agreed more reliable but I have been on Virgin Media cable for years and had all sorts of outages from them making configuration changes, losing DNS, and goodness knows what else. Not to mention some utility company digging up the road.
0 Ratings