cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Full speed right to up to Home hub 5 Router - then half the speed !

Good morning.

I had the Engineer at my house after having infinity installed over a month ago.. He tested the line from the network to the cabinet which showed 80Mbps. The line from the cabinet to my house was the same. My internal wiring was the same also.

I have 80Mb right up to my router - once it goes through the Home hub 5 I only get 40Mbps if I am lucky. The speed is eratic and has dropped to 0.5 Mbps at some times.

I have changed filters, I have moved anything electrical away from the router, I have also tried a 2nd HH5 Router (which the engineer gave me)

I am stumped on what the problem could be...

The speed tests have been conducted on various machines, from PC tower - laptop - IPhone - IPad The speeds are pretty much the same on all platforms (I accept that over Wifi is not useful - but they reflect what the machines are getting aswell)

Any suggestions Accepted.. I am off to work at 11 this morning so please bear with me If I cant upload any stats.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Full speed right to up to Home hub 5 Router - then half the speed !

Can you please test  using a direct Ethernet connection to the home hub?

0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have the pc connected directly to the Home Hub, and the results are the same.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  MUST be done with wired connection 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

As I mentioned in the original post, The engineer was here yesterday.. with his testing equipment it showed I had 80mbps all the way upto my Router.... but I loose half of it once it goes throughthe routerscreen shot.JPG

0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I will have to do the second test a little bit later today.....

0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

This is the result from the helpdesk 1 - 12, I hope this helps.... I am still avaeraging 45Mb download and about 16 Mb upload.

bt helpdesk 1- 12.JPG

0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Any suggestions for the above ? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Are you using the one provided with the Hub?

0 Ratings
Naughty_dog
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Im using all the cables supplied as well as the new Filters. I have experimented with other ethernet cables and the speeds remain the same.. This evening before changing over, my speed was down to 25Mbs (thats with the line being constantly connected for the last 6 days since I re-tried the orignal router (HH5) Current router is a replacement HH5 the engineer gave me.

0 Ratings