cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Future FTTC Availability

I realise that this may be a question for Openreach, but they don't appear to have such a useful forum as this.  I currently have a fairly good BT Broadband set up through a  FTTC connection.  I am considering purchase of a house in a new area, the exchange is fibre enabled but the address I am considering does not currently have FTTC and the Broadband speed will not support my needs.  Openreach 'blurb' states that FTTC serving my new property will be available 'soon'.  Not sure what this means, could be anything from a couple of months to a couple of years as far as I can see.  Can anyone advise where I might get a more detailed answer ?  Many thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Future FTTC Availability

What exchange and cabinet is the property connected to if you enter the address in the checker.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks, useful data sheet; but VDSL service just listed as 'Waiting List'.  Is there anyone who could give me a better idea of when FTTC will be installed to this cabinet - if only to the nearest 6 months !?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Your area already has FTTC but all the cab ports are full.

Message 5 of 17

Can you post the exchange and cabinet as requested please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Yes, should have been included in my last post.  Cabinet 5 on Aberdeen Kingswells Exchange

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Thanks - does that mean that the cabinet has to be expanded in some way.  Sounds like we may be waiting some time !

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Digital Scotland should be able to update you on when it will be available. Their contact form is at the bottom of this page.

https://www.scotlandsuperfast.com/ 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

It was expanded in February this year so I would think  it is unlikely that it will be expanded further so you would be waiting for somebody to cease their service and take over their port. There is supposed to be a waiting list but none of the ISPs seem to use it so it would be a case of continuously checking availability on the checker.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@licquoriceWhere did you get that from? Codelook doesn't show it.

0 Ratings