cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Future Fibre installs to be FTTP only open reach claimed.

When I was chatting to the two engineers one was with the company 10 plus years. And he was saying that any Future installs around N Ireland anyway will be FTTP only that is great progress for the counties broadband as a whole. I guess we are easier to trail these roles outs than any other places.

Do we ever think the upload cap would be removed or is that to stop business from running web services on it ? As that would be something that I would want to do.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Future Fibre installs to be FTTP only open reach claimed.

Openreach have listed about 120 places in the U.K. that they will no longer accept New Orders on the Public Switched Telephone Network from July 2021. This list will continue to grow.

They want to switch off the PSTN by 2025 and move everyone onto a DSL Only Service and those who want voice will have to have it provided by their Provider.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Its fantastic they have gotten to this point as a small boy I still remember my US Robotics 14.1 black and red modem. Those where the days and news groups , u miss news groups kinda but i guess sign of the times social media has taken over them in a way.

Its great for people like myself as a developer and a web developer, I just hope it comes live to business soon as the price they have for a 1gb is crazy like £400 a week.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Switching Off the Public Switched Telephone Network doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to get FTTP.

You can get DSL Only Services via ADSL, VDSL and G.Fast. 

In fact BT have just ramped up their SOGEA/SOGFAST Sales and EE are also now going to start selling DSL Only Circuits via VDSL/G.Fast.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Im already getting it thats the cable waiting for the guys to come and finish the interal work as said before they messed up the dates.

image0 (5).jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Majority of NI will soon be served by FTTP as the Government has pumped a lot of cash into it, same as Scotland has.

Everyone in the U.K. will eventually get it but Openreach have admitted it’ll take upwards of 30 years to reach every house/business.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@Starwire  So is ADSL not going out with PSTN? I always assumed that was the case.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

They have to think about the eardly and ones still on cooper phone lines to many places relie on hard lines even still such as emergency services. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I believe it is. I was more referring to existing ADSL DSL Only Services like Hattaras Systems. They’re bespoke Business Products, don’t come across them very often, in fact I haven’t worked on one in almost 5 years.

Message 10 of 11

They’re trialling a 512kbps DSL Only Service for those who only want Voice and no Broadband.

0 Ratings