cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 1 of 5

Future Infinity Exchanges.

Having just looked through the BT checker for future Infinity Exchanges, I've found that the pages have changed (for the better?).

The Infinity page now refer to the Openreach wholesale web pages.

Our exchange is listed as Future Exchange, year 2014 and is listed as fttc/p.

Well worth the wait, perhaps.

QUESTION: is fttp simple to install, and is it more reliable?

Our cables are underground to the nearest cabinet, and then to the exchange.

Does fttp come at a high price?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Future Infinity Exchanges.

1. Though your exchange is being upgraded it doesn't mean your local street cabinet will be.

2. Yes, FTTP is Fibre to the Premises with speeds up to 330/30Mbps. You will get the speed advertised excluding at peak times though.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

When every one gets fibre from BT we will all take a nose dive with the speed.
0 Ratings
umar2131
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Agreed unless they have a better way of dealing with it than Virgin. I was on Virgin for 6 months and my are was oversubcribed so during peak times I'd have a massive reduction in speed from around 100mb to under 5, packet loss of ~20% and pings over 9,000!!!!! Well not 9,000 but around 150ms+.

Fix dates would be months from when I first noticed so I left, the problem they had was that they were doubling everyones speed and taking more customers onto the network, instead of fixing the over subsrcibed networks which involved getting permission from the local council and laying down more lines.

I only got a fix date because I had posted my issues otherwise they wouldn't of told me. I do hope BT have a better way of dealing with congestion and a better way of telling their customers.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 5

Virgin don't supply residential FTTP and their method of FTTC supply is totally different to BT's. You cannot compare the two.

0 Ratings