Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 32

G Fast Activation

Go to solution

Hi!

G Fast and Fibre To The Cabinet is now available at my local cabinet (Greenhithe exchange cabinet 25). I called BT to discuss upgrading but was told that G Fast is available but they are unable to upgrade me and it's not showing as an upgrade option. The advice was to call back in a week, to be told that its available but not activated and to keep calling back.

Is the activation an Openreach or a BT activity?

Thanks for any advice

Screenshot_20191211-194806_Chrome.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: G Fast Activation

Go to solution

Openreach

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

Its openreach who will decide when available and you will be able to order when you see it showing available on dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution
Openreach have it showing as available, however BT say that it needs to be activated before they can offer it to me. Does the activation sit with BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

There is no G.FAST showing on the dslchecker result you posted. It shows FTTPoD which is something totally different and expensive intended for business use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

@Zilla80 wrote:
Openreach have it showing as available, however BT say that it needs to be activated before they can offer it to me. Does the activation sit with BT?

The activation cannot possibly sit with BT as the service is available to all providers from Openreach.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution
G.Fast Multicast is listed under Other Offerings
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution
Thanks, so is it best to keep contacting BT to check when it has been activated? Desperate to upgrade from DSL!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Just keep checking the DSL checker page that you posted, it will show available as soon as it becomes so.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution
That's what I'm trying to understand as the DSL checker above shows that G Fast is available under Other Offerings??
0 Ratings