Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 32

Re: G Fast Activationc

Go to solution

There will be a heading G.FAST where FTTPOD is at present and until you see it there and available you cannot order so as already said you need to keep checking

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

It will look something like this

gfast.jpg

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution
Many thanks liquorice 👍
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

Looking at the OP's original post leads me to suspect an exchange only line. As the OP cannot get VDSL how is he expected to get G.Fast?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

Good point, well spotted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

I did ask about FTTP as its showing in the OP checker but was told it's not available...all a bit confusing ☹

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

FTTPod isn’t the same as native FTTP, and it’s only FTTPod available to you.
The odd thing is that VDSL (FTTC) isn’t available to you , but FTTPod is, which suggests you are on a cab that has VDSL but you are too far from it to benefit ( hence it not showing as an option ) so Gfast will not show as an option as again you are too far away from it to benefit, but your ADSL speed is quite good which suggests your total distance , you to cab to to the exchange cannot be too long, yet the distance from the cab to you is too long for VDSL ...very strange

GFast multicast under other services doesn’t mean that Gfast is available to you, as a consumer you cannot purchase ‘multicast’, it’s a service an ISP could use in the distribution of IPTV, so you could be a customer of an ISP that consumes ‘multicast’ in its service to you, the fact that ADSL multicast is also shown as ‘other services’ means that you could have BTTV on ADSL 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

Did the DSL checker show cab 25 when you entered your phone number (you have chopped off the top of the screenshot) or did you assume you are connected to cab25? If it didn't show a cabinet number you are on an EO line not connected to a cabinet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

Thank you all for your help 

Liquorice - when I checked it showed connected to Cabinet 25. Here is a screenshot

Screenshot_20191212-073439_Chrome.jpg

Iniltous - what are my options, do I need to speak to Openreach?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

How far away are you from cab25 and from the exchange if you know where they are both located.

As @iniltous  says, the figures don't really make much sense. If you are too far from the cab for FTTC I would have thought you were too far away from the exchange (via cab25) for the sort of ADSL speed you are getting.

0 Ratings