cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

G.Fast sync speed V actual speed attained on LAN

Hi

Ive now had G.Fast (ultrafast2) for about 5 weeks, the line is stable and I assume has done its thing in terms of attaining the most stable speed.  My Smart Hub2 shows, sync download 330meg and upload 49 meg which is as far as I am aware the fastest  sync it can be, its rock solid no drops seen.  However my actual throughput when using a CAT6 wired connection to the SmartHub2 via numerous speed tests including BT's own is 280meg download, the upload is as it should be 47-49 meg ish

I am perfectly happy with the speed, its uber quick but was wondering what has happened to the other 50meg download?  Not that it really matters but is this normal?  I am less than 80 metres from the G.Fast cab which is attached to the FTTC cab at the end of my road, all cabling to my property from the cab is also brand new.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: G.Fast sync speed V actual speed attained on LAN

The IP profile will be lower than the sync rate.
Normally for FTTC the profile is  96.8% and ADSL 88.2%.  I don't know what it is for G.Fast as I haven't seen it posted anywhere but it may be closer to the adsl rate as that is a copper connection.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 5

FTTC is also the same copper length as G.Fast.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Just found my my ip profile is 303.25Mbps / 50Mbps so I understand that 330Mbps is out of the question, I suppose 280Mbps will just have to do!!!!!

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 5

Have you checked for line noise? 17070 option 2 and used the test socket?

0 Ratings