cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: G.Fast wait :o

Just as VDSL drops off over shorter distances than ADSL the G.Fast drop off is shorter again.

You could have 2 people connected to the same cab with the same VDSL estimates but different G.Fast ones.

0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Just wondering if your cabinet has gone live yet? noticed on on my PCP cabinet as well so would be interesting how long it is from install to go live

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 20

Mine still hasn’t gone live, but I’ve noticed this week that the lines for g.fast have completely disappeared from the wholesale checker now. Not just from my cabinet, but for all on my exchange. This makes me think it will go live imminently, so have been checking daily (sometimes multiple times a day - I’m excited!) but nothing yet.

Of course, I could be wrong - it could mean nothing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
sambarr
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Same here. Pod was installed a couple of days ago and then OR where at it yesterday which I assume was to commission it. G.Fast also dissapeared from the wholesale checker for me as well (Glasgow).

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

Carlisle here, our checker has g.fast missing completly but ours was in planning so i assumed it had been canceled.

Guess something is up

0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Our was initially showing Planned then dissapeared. Then the morning it disappeared the contractors showed up and installed the G.Fast pod to the PCP. Then yesterday openreach where at the pod which I assume was to commission it but however long it will be from this point is anyones guess.

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 20

Mine has been in situ for months now. I regularly see OR or other contractors there with the doors open. I still wait with baited breath!

There has been ALOT of OR activity around me this year, so assume it’s all part of a major upgrade plan for the exchange.
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 20

Just to give an update.

My PCP finally went live overnight, with the lines for g.fast reappearing on the wholesale checker. The downside is that my number now says “Amber” and not “Available” as other lines on the PCP do. Anyone know what this means?

When putting in other numbers on the BT retail ultrafast page it says they’re available, but mine isn’t 😞
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 20

So my install finally took place today (hurrah!), and all went well.

Early speeds are an improvement for me over FTTC (I was getting 67/18), so happy so far.

1539201592124447255-mini.png

The engineer was a character! Moaned alot about everything 😕 Got the usual gumph about first 10 days blah blah.

He did say I was the first person on my cab to have g.fast, and only the third out of 18 he's done that actually worked!

I'll be happy as long as it stays above 120mbps, otherwise will have to question the value I'm getting for the price.

0 Ratings
sambarr
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

My cabinet went live last week so I placed an order with BT and the install date is Tuesday. Only problem is the availability checker says amber but we shall wait to see what happens. In order for this to be a viable option I need to be getting at least 150mbps.

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 16.53.55.png