cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

G Fast

I have issues with BT at the moment regards installation of GFast at my property.

Ordered on 5th Aug installation date was 25th Aug and they did not turn up, I raised a complaint with them which at the moment is on going, how long for nobody knows.

Whilst walking dog yesterday I spoke to an Openreach engineer who said as far as he knows GFast cannot be installed if you live more than 350 yards from a cabinet, does anybody know if this right or not and if this is the case why are BT letting me place an order that they cannot possibly deliver on, what a mess

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: G Fast

yes 350m is farthest from cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for your response, as I am more than 350 m from the cabinet, then why are they processing my order, may as well cancel
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I would only add that I have G.fast which is working perfectly well and according to the engineer who installed it I am 373 metres from the cabinet, so perhaps there is a bit of leeway - I have seen 400 metres mentioned as the limit.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Many thanks 

0 Ratings