cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue166
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

G.INP - ECI Cab (DSLAM) and ECI Modem Not Capable!!

Hi All,

I am starting to get a little annoyed with what I am reading about G.INP rollout and problems with ECI cabs (DSLAM) and ECI modems. I will not be happy if BT deploy a system which cripples my connection because OpenReach decided to roll out ECI equipment instead of Huawei. OpenReach should have checked earlier to see if G.INP would work with ECI equipment.

So I just want BT to be aware that if any new system is deployed on my line and causes any type of degradation I will be moving back to Virgin Media.

I feel you need to be aware of angry users if anything is deployed and messes up peoples connections.

G.INP will destroy ECI connections with latency increases and slow speeds down. I have read all about this and BT need to be open with users. And BT also must not deploy this system on ECI cabs if it will cause problems.

Please advise..

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: G.INP - ECI Cab (DSLAM) and ECI Modem Not Capable!!

please do not jump to conclusions there have been trials with ECI cabs and G.inp and no real problems were found also G.iinp is being rolled out by Openreach not BT and applies to all ISP's
0 Ratings
blue166
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

I am aware that this goes to all ISP's and not just BT.

But I am a BT customer so I am going to raise my concerns direct to BT.

From what I have read most ECI DSLAMs and Modems have experienced issues.

I also feel that all ECI connected users to DSLAMs and Modems deserve to know that not all is smooth with our equipment and G.INP.

Of course I do not expect G.INP to be deployed if it causes more harm than good.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

The rollout is not down to BT and like every other ISP they get what Openreach rolls out to them as of yet Openreach have not released any form of press release BT can not stop its deployment

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

@blue166

you posted the same posts on kitz forum and as said there, there is not a problem as not rolled out to ECI cabs and openreach are aware of problems and trying to find solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Locky
Expert
Message 6 of 20

I had to buy my own modem cus BT decided to force this **bleep** on my perfectly fine max sync line. I don't want or need G.inp and I'm out of pocket due to BT's mistakes.

0 Ratings
blue166
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

@imjolly

I appreciate your reply. The big problem here I have is that Openreach have clearly not done enough testing to stumble across this issue earlier on.

I would be gutted for my line to go to the dumps because this G.INP profile is dished out to me. I understand that further G.INP enabling has been put on hold for now but I must say I am not filled with confidence going forward either.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

0 Ratings
blue166
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I understand that article but it looks like those of us on ECI cabinets with ECI modems are in the gutter.

ECI cabinets can not run G.INP properly can they??

And ECI modems can't either can they??

So if you have an ECI cabinets your stuffed it looks? am I right??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Openreach have stopped rollout to any ECI cabs and are trying to find a fix for the problem so at present you are no worse off than you were when you got infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings