cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
19nbg71
Expert
Message 21 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

quote from the plusnet fibre forum from user kitz

"The surprise is that profiles are being applied to lines that dont need it.  
Thats what no-one saw coming..  and the add on effect that if the line couldnt handle G.INP for some reason (such as what I shall call for now a 'non-complaint' modem).. then the DLM seems to be adding Interleaving which doesnt show up as Interleaved in any of the profiles.   You just see the increased latency and the loss of headline speed despite the line being rock steady.  

BT doesnt seem to have thought this one through properly and the effects it will have on anyone not running a HH5B / HG612.   Its yet to be established if all lantiq devices are affected.    Anyone using an ECI modem is unlikely to notice any difference due to not having access to stats.  

This is going to mothball as more and more users suddenly note the increase in latency or sudden massive decrease in download speed.  every day there are more cases emerging."

come on mods catch up please πŸ™‚

0 Ratings
ewanb75
Contributor
Message 22 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

I must be one of the unlucky users then, Ive noticed a definite increase in lag/ping times as I game online, and for the last 2 weeks its been horrendous to play anything.  I have a hub4 and an eci modem (just googled what that was) and have spent the time pullling cables out, changing them, Ive even got another hub4 to try but Im still having difficulties even with some web pages not loading.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 23 of 535

Seems a strange situation bt are in with this two phases of updates,  one for certain cabs first and others second ....:(

The charts look great  once this transmission g.inp is in place  as 19nbg71 highlights with kitz and plusnet's forum posts.

So to be on the safe side - it might be wise to look at broadcom based modems / routers .Until the upgarde niggles are ironed out.  Or is it more complex than that?

My unlocked eci/r as all this transmisson stuff enabled already - so it must be just normal ones.

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 535

I was using an ECI modem and recently noticed my ping had increased to about 24ms. I removed the ECI and swapped back to an HG612 with the latest SP08 firmware. The ping immediately dropped to 14ms and sync speed increased by about 6mb to the highest level I have ever seen on my line.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 535

I'm seeing constant high latency and slow speeds since going back to the eci modem I have.
It happened before. Switching back to my hh5a doesn't change anything at all. It got gradually worse since switching back to the eci modem Saturday. Yesterday was actually OK and now I'm back to 50ms ping and slow speeds. I've had new drop wires installed. A new mk3 faceplate and its doing this. It must be what people are reporting here. Or my eci modem has gone duff.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 26 of 535

checked my number today and it is now coming up with a fault..i just hope this has to do with the g.inp problem and not something else..some conformation or acknowledgement would be nice from openreach/b.tCapture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 535

G.inp was enabled 2 days ago on my line, everything was running smooth untill tonight, started getting major drops in speed and very very high pings, thing is though ...i have a hauwei modem, my connection is stuffed at present, not lost sync just yet but attainable download speed is dropping so im expecting a resync soon, i cant beleive how bad my ping is, over a 100 and fastpath is actually on too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 535

Is your modem on the latest firmware?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again πŸ™‚
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 535

which is the latest?

EchoLife HG612  
Device ID10C61F-21530315408K23028776
Hardware versionVER.B
Software versionV100R001C01B030SP08
Firmware versionA2pv6C038m.d24j
Batch numberBC1P6.030.A2pv6C038m.d24j
System up time35 days 22 hours 14 minutes 50 seconds

Ive been virtually problem free for over a year.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 535

That looks like th latest unlocked image. Have you disabled BTAgent?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again πŸ™‚
0 Ratings