cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Locky
Expert
Message 41 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

The issue you're seeing prob down to contention is your area.

0 Ratings
SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 42 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Ah that could explain why my speeds have dropped so dramatically from over 70 (most of the time) to 12 I have a locked ECI Modem. I contacted India on Monday they said I would need an engineer as they could not find a fault. but bT.s on fault finder shows that there is an issue with the BT retail servers so why do I need an engineer to visit my home?

BB-BTV-Retail-Services.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 535

So he can run diagnostics from where the connection is made.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Draegnarrr
Message 44 of 535

My issue is very similar to Sholtie's it seems, i used to get 70mb and now i get 15/20 its also been listed as a problem at the retail servers twice, i have an old ECI modem and a huawei cabinet

0 Ratings
SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 45 of 535

Surely the engineer can test from the cabinet if they then cant find the fault let me know and then will book an engineer.

as they can do so much remotkey these days seems strange that the engineer has to come and check 30ft of cable from my master socket to the edge of my property.

Cable was repaired dec 2014 from previous fault (noisy line)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 535

I cant even get my drop wire replaced, been trying for 5years, theres nothing wrong untill i get strong winds that blow the cable, i thought it might of been that last night but there was no wind.

0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 47 of 535

its not just eci guys, my huawei was on the sp10 firmware and i changed it to sp8 and now g.inp is active and my speeds have gone back up and my latency has dropped even though it says i have interleave still. if i never would have changed the firmware id have been stuck with interleave and 68 meg rather than 80 meg.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 535

@boe323 wrote:

I cant even get my drop wire replaced, been trying for 5years, theres nothing wrong untill i get strong winds that blow the cable, i thought it might of been that last night but there was no wind.

Maybe it will get blown down the next time we have strong winds :smileywink:

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 535

Meanwhile, what happens to the unfortunate people who have ECI modems which are suffering from an increase in latency since G.INP was introduced?

One of the reasons I moved from Virgin is because of the lower latency with BT.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 535

Where did you get your ECI modem from?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings