cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8tiscrap
Beginner
Message 531 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

This thread explains exactly why I have had problems since moving house.

I have an Echo Life HG612 that has not had a firmware update for about 3 years as it have been in bridge mode.

I moved house with my HG612 in bridge mode and had constant line instability issues. I am thinking my new house cabinet is GIMP enabled.

Plusnet have already sent open reach out twice and found no fault on the line but problem persists. I put the new plusnet onehub on the line and it seems a lot more stable. Unforunately that means I can't use my own router which i would prefer.

Where can I get information on applying the firmware update to the hg612 that brings upstream support for the GIMP?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 532 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

only Openreach will have the information about firmware updates on the HG612 and they are not customer facing and have nothing to do with this forum it is for BT retail customers as a PlusNet customer no one here can assist you I suggest you try PlusNet's own forum
0 Ratings
8tiscrap
Beginner
Message 533 of 535

This issue affects all ISP. I am not asking for help. I am discussing a known issue and the development and fixes towards this known issue that affects every ISP on the open reach network.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 534 of 535

1. Official firmware isn't available to download, modems are updated online by TR069

2. Openreach no longer supply the modems so firmware probably hasn't been updated for some time.

3. If you wish to unlock and update the modem with unofficial firmware have a look on the Kitz forum.

4. I doubt the lack of G.Inp capability is causing your stability problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
8tiscrap
Beginner
Message 535 of 535

Thank you for the great response licquorice.

My hg612 appears to have been remotely updated as i lost the custom firmware i applied in 2014. I had manually put my hg612 in to bridge mode back in 2014 and was running with pfsense since then. I moved house and started having line instability issues. Open reach came around 1 visit outside and 1 inside and the one inside confirm there was no issue there to begin with. After the open reach visit I was running at 80/20 for 1 month and then it went back to 3mbit with constant disconnectings. I tried to access my hg612 web interface but was unable to. I have since reflashed it with the 2014 firmware that was meant to support G.INP and not had issues since, although only been a few days.

To me it looks like open reach has contributed to this problem by updating them remotely.

I could be wrong though but there is defnitely a general issue going on as many people are experiencing the same issue with their fiber in different regions and on different ISP and open reach confirm there are no line issues.

0 Ratings