cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
19nbg71
Expert
Message 1 of 535

G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

anybody else see a drop in sync rate/max speed? this is only affecting huawei cabs that have just been G.INP enabled and with certain eci modems.there are a lot of other instances of the exact same thing on other isp fibre boards where the user has lost around 7-10mbps sync speed,and had dlm kick in..but most are being fobbed off with the usual crosstalk etc..cheers karl

p.s most users with the correct/compatable modem experienced an increase in sync speed and also lower ping,so its good when it works 🙂

0 Ratings
534 REPLIES 534
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

How do you know if your cab has just been G.INP enabled?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 3 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

you can get the stats from updated firmware for the unlocked modem.......so......has anybody else seen a drop in sync rate/max speed? on an otherwise excellent line.i know alot of people dont check or wont notice...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 535

I have a HH5 and my sync speed has dropped, my noise margin has risen and my max speed has risen too. Looks like DLM has capped my speed due to some recent line noise.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 5 of 535

@ray_dorset wrote:
I have a HH5 and my sync speed has dropped, my noise margin has risen and my max speed has risen too. Looks like DLM has capped my speed due to some recent line noise.

you had recent line noise?and a hh5. a bit different to what i'm saying..anyway

lets hope openreach catchup with whats going on and investigate further..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 535

Yes it usually happens when Kellys have been messing about in the cab.
I just wondered if there was any way to tell if the cab has been upgraded with G.INP
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 7 of 535

another chap on bt posted exact same symptoms but came up with modem stats looks like i may be right

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4399541-ginp-and-eci-modem-problem.html

Barry57
Expert
Message 8 of 535

"p.s most users with the correct/compatable modem experienced an increase in sync speed and also lower ping,so its good when it works "

That does seem the case look over at Kitz with the modems/routers woking well with this transmisson settings. The zyxel 8324/ 8924 &  billion 8800 are displaying some impressive stats over there:)

The problem with the eci 's seem to be with new normal ones that are trying to be used on a tranmission line. My unlocked eci/r is has all the transmission settings enabled but I don't think you can do that with normal eci/r.

So to be on the safe side - it might be wise to steer clear of normal eci/r and certain tplinks & asus's  untill the niggles are ironed out. ?

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 9 of 535

quote from another forum who had an engineer out to solve this very same problem

"The BT eng has been out and he already knew about the issue with G.INP and ECI modems and showed me on the internal documentation on his laptop on how to go about fixing it.

They have to come out and perform a line reset which in turn allows the modem to perform an update. My profile reset didn't go to plan as it was being a pain. He had to call someone up at the HQ to force the reset manually, took it a while to stick but I'm back at low ping and full sync on the ECI modem, I don't think the line is running G.INP yet as he said the update to the modem does not happen straight away and takes place over a period of time (late at night)

Mine was the first the engineer has come across and his whole job sheet today is to fix this issue, so it's quite wide spread and BT know about it."

so get to it openreach!

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 10 of 535

can a mod issue a request for a line reset? or will it need an engineer to attend the cab?

0 Ratings