cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 511 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

from reading this thread and also Kitz this is an openreach fix for HH5a on Huawei cabs.

@Barry57

I thought you were on ECI cab (as I am) so this is not affecting you yet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 512 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

I'll defer to you knowledge as I though only btretail had update access to the hh5a - must of misread if openreach also  have remote access to update the the hh5a software 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 513 of 535

openreach orgainsed the fix but obviously bt retail will be the people dstributing it

you are on ECI cab are you not?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 514 of 535

I am and I still thank ray_dorset* for the help on fix in my line.

I know its you polite way of saying be quiet Barry 🙂 but I'd like to  try and understand this new technology.  Maybe Take time to read  a  few pages on the unlocked modem thread and it will be come clearer with a certain area eci card upgrades.

I shall retreat back to the reading ITU-T document licquorice mentioned 😄

*Has ray been band or something?

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 515 of 535

Here is me saying I wouldn't comment further on this thread.
But could I get confirmation on this and I promise I won't post further ever lol.
As many of you know I currently use my HH5a connected to my eci modem. And I'm eagerly awaiting the 204.11 update. Will I still receive this firmware with my setup?
Thanks. 🙂
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 516 of 535

Welcome back MarkG !   {coast looks clear at moment}  😄

Dont see why it shouldn't get an update ?   Just hope it doesn't mess anything for you.

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 517 of 535

Lol! 😄 Thank you for the lovely welcome.

I'm not technical with how it all works and seeing some people on here receiving the update and a few friends but everyone seems to be only using their HH5's by themselves. I'm the oddball using my HH5a with an eci lol!
I will assume it isn't going to make a difference. 😛
I'm sorry for sounding so nooby. Haha.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 518 of 535

Mine was updated on the 27th but I had to reboot the hub for it to show up.

0 Ratings
armadillo1
Beginner
Message 519 of 535

I'm using a 612 and never had any problems, the "fix" got rolled out to me a couple about 6 days ago, or I assume it did. G.inp is no longer being reported on the upstream, only downstream, so I assume that's their bodge. No hit on the upstream sync, but I have a decent overhead (think max attain was 27), but I seem to be racking up a significant amount of errors on the upstream.

Since Link time = 6 days 7 hours 54 min 11 sec
FEC 29340
CRC: 5812
ES:  5470

Before the "fix" over 30 or so days there was 100 or so CRC errors. It seems to make no difference to the connection. No packetloss or anything. Play online and stream alot to twitch with no issues. If I couldn't bring up the stats, I wouldn't have noticed from just using it, but considering it was much lower before (I can't remember about before g.inp originally), it is concerning.

612 bugging out and not reporting right? or a result of the "fix"?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 520 of 535

Sounds about right 😞

From what others are reporting with this ducktape/chewing gum "fix".  They seem to be calling it  mk2 over on btretails sister isp (plusnet) boards.

0 Ratings