cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNorma
Contributor
Message 521 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Whats the easiest way to see if your cabinet has been G.INP enabled?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 522 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

from previous posts you are on Newton Mearns Cab 20 which is Huawei type and as far I am aware all Huawei cabs have been G.INP enabled

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MrNorma
Contributor
Message 523 of 535

Unless it was enabled in the last few days?

I currently have my HH5a on waiting on the update.  Last time i had the 612 on was just over a week and it said it was not enabled? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 524 of 535

I sure there is a post which said that all Huawei cabs were G.INP enabled but not ECI hence why the rollout of the upgraded firmware to the HH5a

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MrNorma
Contributor
Message 525 of 535

3. Firmware version:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 24/06/15

Well my Firmware seems to have been updated but no change to line stats?  Worth a reboot or just hang on?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 526 of 535

your connection probably reset when you got the firmware update - mines did.  up to you if been stable since 24/6 then 1 reset wont hurt

0 Ratings
MrNorma
Contributor
Message 527 of 535

Done and no changes.  Looks like i will just have to wait a little longer.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 528 of 535

Going of btretails sister isp (plusnet) forum:*

All the Huawei street boxes have the first version of retransmisson.

As for the ducktape/chewing gum second version:

"As of 9/10 June, they had migrated 935k lines over to the new profile. They can do 50-60k lines a day and there are some 4.5 million Huawei lines" (plusnet forum post)

Lots to work through then 😄

The eci street box users will be lucky if anything happens this side of new year.  (Apart from the trail area's )

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 529 of 535

I just received the 204.11 update. What an odd time to get it lol.
I'm still keeping it connected to my eci for stability as it's well known how mischievous the hh5 is by itself.
Well I wonder how g.inp will be in the coming months. Now we have the hh5 fully compatible I guess we have the eci modems now right? 😛
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
farrow
Beginner
Message 530 of 535

I keep reading that all Huawei cabinets have G.INP on by default, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Huawei cab we're connected to (commissioned a few weeks ago) - well, INP doesn't appear to be active in the router's stats (Billion 8800NL with latest firmware):

stats.png

Here's an example of stats where G.INP are enabled.

0 Ratings