cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 91

Re: G.fast Connection

Good evening everybody! Sorry to bump this topic, just wanted to share a quick update about my connection. After 2 months of extreme use of the broadband I'm very confident to say the move was a really good decision and there wasn't a single hiccup during this time. The connection is rock stable and gives me a consistent download speed day and night without any slow-down. Online gaming is a joy, having a ping of 13-15ms makes a huge difference compare to 25-28ms before on fttc. The family is also happy, me playing online on the xbox, wife doing her stories on instagram and my two boys watching videos on youtube in HD, all at the same time and not a single glitch. The smarthub2 keeps up very well, blazing fast, good coverage. After I connected the first time it rebooted after 14 days and has done that again after the reboot, it then rebooted after 7 days during the Christmas period. All this during the night at about 2am. My hub6 has done the same. Sometimes it rebooted after 14 days, sometimes 7 days... However the SH2 now has been connected for nearly 19 days and no reboot. I never understood these reboots, probably something the BT system does? Anyways, if anybody is considering to sign up to the g.fast service, I recommend it very much! I think until we all get fttp it's a really good alternative. 🙂

ps: I really hope I'm not going to regret all the above and come back in a few days to report a fault.... 😄 😂 🤞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 91

Nice to hear a positive story. Thanks for posting.

Contributor
Message 73 of 91

That's good to hear this. Mine also stable too. I knew g.fast are lots better than fttc because of extra speed in both downstream and upstream. As for ping it was about the same as my previous fttc

Contributor
Message 74 of 91

@matekanevehow did it go so far since your first day of installed

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 91

I'm still very happy with the service, all my stats are the same +/- 1Mbps here and there. The connection is still rock solid and the speed is stable day and night. All my neighborhood have been struggling on fttc during lockdown. They are having very low speed in the evenings and lots of disconnections, especially with sky. Every time somebody posted about their bad connection I just replied with my 135Mbps download speed screenshot... They all go mental... 🤣 So yes, still very happy, it's worth every penny for me. How about yours? @bulldog147 

Contributor
Message 76 of 91

That's good to hear it! Shame they could not offer you 330/50 on G.fast

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 91

I know, would be great, but I think I'm just on the boarder line to get gfast so glad to have even this. FTTP FTW! 🤣 How's your connection?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 78 of 91

I went back to FTTC. Not even bother with G.fast. I am now paying less than £10 a month on FTTC 80/20 2 years fixed price 🙂 as 80/20 is all I need, don't need extra speed

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 91

😯 that's a really good price!

Sage
Message 80 of 91

@matekaneve  I think @bulldog147  means £10 less a month than G.Fast. Not 80/20 under £10 a month.

0 Ratings