cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

GETTING FOBBED OFF

Hi all , So been trying to get BT to fulfill their obligation on their stayfast guarantee of fibre broadband , promised 22mbps stay fast , lucky to be be getting 16mbps, this is from day 1 of my contract as of 21st feb 2020, lots of engineers later and a supposed cease and resupply of my connection from 1 cab to another , i have ended up with NO broadband at all , yes they have put my mobile on unlimited data as well as sending me out the minihub (which doesnt work, but now have a tactical hub) .My router is flashing purple and has been for approx 10 days now . I have contacted BT by phone only to be told my broadband account has been switched off and that i need to start a new contract . i am now being told that i can no longer get fibre (fttc) which i was getting before they switched me off and they are now stating that i can only get copper and a speed of between 1 and 5 mb. My question is , is there anyway to check if there is still fttc in my area.(my neighbours are happily getting 30 to 40 with BT.

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: GETTING FOBBED OFF

enter your phone number and post results if number does not work then use address not post code

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

pricer592_0-1619081996952.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

as you can see the checker shows that FTTC is 'unavailable' at present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for that  looks like i need to contact the ombudsman then , been paying for fibre broadband for over 12 months and its not actually available here , the plot thickens

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

again according to dslchecker you were receiving VDSL/FTTC on 8 April 2021

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

strange that its not available now , since bt turned off my broadband for a cease and resupply i cant get fibre

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @pricer592 I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband. The checker results indicate the cabinet is FTTC enabled but it is not accepting new orders due to engineering works.  

We'll be happy to get this looked into if you send over your details. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team. You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community website.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@NeilO 

message sent

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Still  awaiting a solution , absolute disgrace

0 Ratings