cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

I have just checked the openreach website and it says it’s available in my area but when I try to order it / upgrade my bt broadband it says it’s unavailable how can I get this resolved I’ve even called in and they can’t put a order in.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: GFast

Go to solution

@Ryan_J wrote:

I have just checked the openreach website and it says it’s available in my area but when I try to order it / upgrade my bt broadband it says it’s unavailable how can I get this resolved I’ve even called in and they can’t put a order in.

Its no longer being sold, in favour of FTTP.

0 Ratings
Ryan_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It’s not even been built in my area 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Ryan_J wrote:

It’s not even been built in my area 

But it is in other areas, and that is where the resource is being concentrated. You will have to stick to Fibre 2, which is fast enough for most people.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/06/openreach-confirm-g-fast-broadband-rollout-paused-unti...

Since then, its been reported that rollout has stopped. This has been raised before on this forum.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Ryan_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It’s frustrating because the street down from me can get g fast so I don’t see why I can’t and when I went onto EE website it’s says I can get fiber 100 which I know is powered by BT so I’m very confused on what is happening here, I would understand if fttp is round the corner or has been built but that’s not the case at all, yes they are planning to get it done in my area by November December time but that’s a good while away yet.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

EE is not "powered" by BT, it is a totally different company owned by the BT Group the same as Plusnet.

If FTTP is coming this year Openreach may have issued a stop sell on G.Fast for your area and the EE site may not yet reflect it.

You could always transfer to EE if you wish, they will also sell you FTTP when it becomes available.

0 Ratings