Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Witch1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Gaming running at 56K speeds

Hi

I currently run at about 76Mb download and 20Mb upload speeds according to the speed testers on my infinity 2 with the HH3. But when I attempt online gaming at says that I am running at 56K modem speeds and is dog slow (I use renegade in particular but others arent the best). I tried port forwarding but the HH3 doesnt support all of the ports I need to open and yet it still works (as per the default game port forwarding control on the HH3). Its all CAT6 so isnt anything wireless oriented (even though I know the HH3 only has one 1Gb port so why bother with CAT6 you may ask).

Any ideas? Or should I just bin the HH3 and use something off the shelf from CISCO or Netgear or ...? If so then what do you suggest I get as a replacement for up to about £100? I want decent wireless range (which the HH3 isnt for other laptops/phones etc) and use a PS3 to connect to my NAS for streaming via the router (all hard wired again)

Thanks in advance

Mike

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Gaming running at 56K speeds

what time of day are you noticing this slow down is it only during peak times
0 Ratings
Witch1
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Gaming running at 56K speeds

It is any time day or night so I dont think its the throttling that is causing it.
0 Ratings