Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Getting BT to investigate properly

Go to solution

Hi all.

Thank goodness for this forum. 
I have BT fibre broadband supposedly the unbreakable one, but turns out this area is so poor for the phone signal it's anything but. 

However everytime we get bad weather, Today obviously... The broadband router, suddenly flashes orange, then purple, then back to blue again. usually within 2-3 minutes. this occurs randomly but frequently. which is frustrating to say the least. 
So I managed to log a fault online last time it occured, and it came back stating there was a fault outwith the property. So did the same today, and the same message, fault outside the property. 

Last month BT credited my account as they didnt fix within 36 hours. but did state the fault was fixed... But today here we go again. So just how do we get BT to investigate faults outwith properties properly, as I and 2 neighbours, who are having the same issues at the same time.  overall a bit of reputation loss for BT in this area. 

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Getting BT to investigate properly

Go to solution

Have you had any previous Engineer visits, what did they find/do?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Re: Getting BT to investigate properly

Go to solution
not to the house, as stated outwith property, and no idea what they did. as it was closed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

What on earth is going on with connectivity

Go to solution

The last 2 weeks, have been an absolute nightmare with BT. so much so im seriously considering going through the pain of getting another supplier.
We do have gigaclear FTTP in the village now.
3-4 times a day as per previous post broadband drops, router starts flashing orange, then solid purple before returning to blue.
troubleshooting allows me to log a fault. which states its outside my property, and it gives a fix by date. which comes and goes, then i get a credit on my account. and they say its fixed . it works for a wee while, then it starts again..
I work from home 24/7 shifts as a key worker and need reliable connections. tonight so far have had to 

1: from 22:00 wait 12 minutes.

2: 23:05 till i powered the router off waited a minute then powered on again at 23:40. 

Heres some data..

ata rate:19 Mbps / 48.998 Mbps

Maximum data rate:25.132 Mbps / 72.770 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:9.7 / 11.3

Line attenuation:6.5 / 12.8

Signal attenuation:6.5 / 14.3

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:4.1 MB Uploaded  / 14.1 MB Downloaded

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Re: What on earth is going on with connectivity

Go to solution

and now 4 times this morning.... 
as soon as a bit of wind and rain... off it goes. BT again state an external fault but wont fix till Friday... Just embarrasing for a key worker not to be able to realibly login. 

Poor BT very poor

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

I have merged your two threads as they are obviously about the same problem and it will let anyone reading know the history and save duplication of replies.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks forgot i had 2 threads... but its another 3 drop outs today.... as soon as the wind gets up.... off it goes. the unbreakable doesnt kick in ..
ive also now dropped speed from 48mbs / 19mbs to 39mbs / 9 mbs

i work as a major incident manager in a key worker situation and frankly its getting embarrasing to have to continually make excuses. 

Yeah engineer visiting Friday, but not sure what that will achieve. Its not in the house, as it happens to multiple BT users in the same area, roughly same time, clearly something needs fixing infrastructure wise... and we have been complaining since December... what we dont like is someone saying its fixed then we have to begin this whole sorry tale again. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution

dont know if this helps..... This is the event log of a drop out....ive removed ip address ends

11:21:09, 16 Feb.
PPP: Sending PADI

11:21:06, 16 Feb.

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=39999kbps, Up Rate=14998kbps; SNR Margin Down=13.4dB, Up=11.5dB

11:21:04, 16 Feb.

PPP: Sending PADI

11:21:02, 16 Feb.

WHW INFO A disc 4G-Modem(30:B1:B5:3D:F8:13) leave WHW infrastructure

11:20:59, 16 Feb.

PPP: Starting PPP daemon

11:20:58, 16 Feb.

WAN Auto-sensing detected port DSL WAN

11:20:52, 16 Feb.

ARP [add] br0(wds1.4.2) 192.168.1.

11:20:44, 16 Feb.

LAN [DEL] ARP 192.168.1.9

11:20:35, 16 Feb.

SIP WAN DOWN

11:20:32, 16 Feb.

SIP WAN DOWN
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

dropping every 5 minutes now... how do i get this escalated to BT. this is affecting my ability to work severly should i start charging BT my Hourly rate

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

@coreservers wrote:

dropping every 5 minutes now... how do i get this escalated to BT. this is affecting my ability to work severly should i start charging BT my Hourly rate

Unless you are a BT Business user, you cannot claim compensation for loss of earnings. Perhaps that is something you should consider, if you want a better grade of service, and faster repairs? 

0 Ratings