cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: What on earth is going on with connectivity

Go to solution

well ok im just angry. i pay 60 a month for supposedly unbreakable internet that is in fact clearly broken... just been to speak to neighbour who is also having a flapping connection... 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

and now gone to 39.99mps down 410kps up... something badly badly wrong... have rebooted router, leaving it off for 5 minutes. 
guess I need a day off tomorrow. wait to see what if anything the engineer can do friday

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @coreservers, sorry your connection is playing up so badly.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with your connection problem.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

So we had a home engineer visit yesterday... amazing he came in that weather, was pleasant and very knowledgeable. replaced the old style master socket, with a new one. (hard to find here as cables were laid underground due to 70's planning restrictions on overhead cabling)
even replaced the filter. 
However he noted something not right at either the exchange or cabinet, as my line is apparently capped well below my guaranteed minimum.
He did say it may keep dropping, as there was noise, but that openreach need to identify that. 
And sure enough... we've dropped 3 times overnight, and twice again this morning. Had to reboot the router as it sat solid purple for 20 minutes. 

I'm within an inch of giving up with BT. and to find ive been capped for goodness knows how long at 5mb below my minimum expected (going on teh engineers report!) is shocking. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Keep in mind that even if you move supplier that all ISPs, with the exception of Virgin, use the Openreach infrastructure so the problem that you have just now will probably still happen with a new ISP and you will need to go through the whole process of fault reporting etc.

I would suggest that you get the problem sorted out while you are still with BT and then decide if you want to move ISP. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Keep in mind that even if you move supplier that all ISPs, with the exception of Virgin, use the Openreach infrastructure so the problem that you have just now will probably still happen with a new ISP and you will need to go through the whole process of fault reporting etc.

The OP has already mentioned in post 4 that altnet Gigaclear provide FTTP in the village, and they use their own infrastructure.

But,

@gg30340wrote:

I would suggest that you get the problem sorted out while you are still with BT and then decide if you want to move ISP. 

…I agree this is the best course of action. Having a fixed Openreach based connection gives you more choice of ISP, you could even have Gigaclear installed and have a cheap Openreach based connection as a back up if required.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @coreservers,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're still having problems with your service after the engineer's visit.

I can see that my colleague @JohnC2 is dealing with your case and he will follow up with you today.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

looks like even the 35mb cap isnt keeping this stable.... no coincidence we have bad weather yet again... How low can it go... 5 drops since midnight. 
Hopefully this openreach engineer tomorrow can do something.  

Downstream sync speed:

29.999 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

8.496 Mbps

Network uptime:

0 Days, 00 Hours 06 Minutes

System uptime:

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

The details you've posted are meaingless., you've posted the staus page rather then the connection stats. There is a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

So openreach results.. .and i have to say nothing was left unturned. and a very thorough investigation carried out.

Engineer replaced the circuit couplers in the fibre cabinet. then tested from the house end, and could see a problem with the pavement floor box, and replaced a pair of dry couplers in there. then replaced the cable from the house entry point to the new master socket. Then removed the banding. to set me back to 68mb. as im on an 80/20 circuit. 

So far... been up for 5 hours am expecting some drops as back in DLM again. 

Downstream sync speed:

68.734 Mbps

Upstream is at 18.8mb

Fingers crossed..

0 Ratings