cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Getting FTTP installed

Go to solution

I am trying to get FTTP installed at home. An Openreach engineer visited my property on an unrelated matter to fix my existing broadband (FTTC) line and spotted the CBT box on a telegraph pole near my house, with all ports unused. This was installed about a year ago by M J Quinn as part of the full fibre roll out across the Wirral. The engineer advised that the presence of the CBT box means FTTP is available to me & I should contact my broadband provider (BT) to arrange installation. However BT claim FTTP is not available at my address, and the address checker on the Openreach fibre rollout pages says the same thing.  Was the engineer wrong, or is there a mix up between Openreach/BT?

If anyone can suggest anything else I can do to resolve this it would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Getting FTTP installed

Go to solution

Enter your phone number and post results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

What does https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL say for your number or address?

Also check next door address just in case.

Even if a CBT is present it may not be live yet as there maybe more work between that and the headend exchange.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The presence of a CBT doesn't necessarily mean FTTP is available. If the backhaul infrastructure isn't in place, the CBT won't be live.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
13.17.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable--
13.17.91.20.85.8AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2--1 to 3Available--
Up to 0.5--0.25 to 1.5Available--
1----Available--
1----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 2--1 to 3----
Up to 0.5-- ----
Up to 1--0.25 to 1.5----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-09-18
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
24-09-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Ok so yeah FTTP is not currently available for your address. Did you check your neighbours too? If none show as available that are served by the same telegraph pole then it's likely it's not live and could still require work to be done.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks appreciate the help. Neighbours are showing the same result.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Here in Stamford I can get, now, FTTP from either of two small suppliers (altnets) but not from BT. That might be the case where you are. The Openreach checker shows FTTP available only if BT FTTP is available. At least that is definitely the case here for my phone number & address.

0 Ratings