cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Getting Full Fibre Halo 3, question about engineer visit?

Hi, currently i have Fibre with halo 1 and i have today upgraded to full fibre with halo 3, an engineer has to come out in a few weeks time but i wondered what this entails?

Is it just something that needs doing outside where their wiring comes into the house or do they need to do anything inside? The wiring it at the front of the house by the front door but we connect our router to the sock that’s in the living room at the back of the house so wondered if they would need to rewire that cabling and socket also?

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting Full Fibre Halo 3, question about engineer visit?

If you are moving to full fibre (FTTP), it will be a new fibre cable installed with an ONT (optical modem) and a different hub. The siting of the ONT is open to a certain degree of negotiation with the engineer but will need to be on an external wall. If you are moving to digital voice, your copper line will be redundant.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Do you think it would be reasonable to ask for the modem to be installed in the back of the house where the living room is, their main cable in is in the front which goes in to the electric cupboard which is a locked door, so probably wouldn't be practical putting a router inside a locked cupboard i guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You can always ask.

0 Ratings