Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

Getting Value For Money ?

Go to solution

Hi.

In view of the W7 EOL 14/January/2020, I purchased a new laptop. 8GB Ram/I5/512SSD/3GB Graphics.
I've not purchased tech for 10years; so, this machine  is 'QUICK'. Now the problem.
Since I had old tech, I've put off this question, until I purchased an up-2-date machine.
I run on 80/20 BT Broadband' FTTC. The problem being, I only get 80/10. Where's the rest of the 'upload speed'.  I do realise that the 'pinch point' can be anywhere. So where, router (3b), out in the street, in the local exchange, out on the core network ?

Alternatively, would it be wise to TRC a BT Broadband Engineer, to investigate, and right my upload speed. At what price ?
Any info, would be appreciated. Cheers !

Best regards. SinecoalCirph4.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Getting Value For Money ?

Go to solution

Hi @COMPANY-PENSIONER 

Go to this website: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and post results, please remember to remove the phone number

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

can you post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

from reading your previous posts if you feel that gives personal information then post the information from dsl uptime to noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

HH3B. Looks like I'm actioned with chores, in search of a result. In the run-up to Christmas, time is too short.

I'll revisit this item, in the New Year.

Thanks. CP
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ! 

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

OK, sounds good.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information

The HH3 is quite old now, when did you last re-contract? If you're in contract, I would recommend calling and politely ask for a new router.

Thanks

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@albertj wrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

OK, sounds good.

For when you get back, if you're using the Hub 3, that looks like this:

er_photo_142915.jpg

The Instruction to access stats as follows: Troubleshooting > helpdesk - The admin password is again on card or back of the router

The HH3 is quite old now, when did you last recontract? If you're in contract, I would recommend calling and politely ask for a new router.

Thanks

The stats are not accessable on VDSL with a HH3 as a separate modem is needed which holds the connection stats.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

@albertjwrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

OK, sounds good.

For when you get back, if you're using the Hub 3, that looks like this:

er_photo_142915.jpg

The Instruction to access stats as follows: Troubleshooting > helpdesk - The admin password is again on card or back of the router

The HH3 is quite old now, when did you last recontract? If you're in contract, I would recommend calling and politely ask for a new router.

Thanks

The stats are not accessable on VDSL with a HH3 as a separate modem is needed which holds the connection stats.

Oops! Thank you. All the more reason to get a new router 🙂

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Catch-Up.

Yep, HH3B. It's the original HH that came with the upgrade to 80/20, some long time ago.
Never been in contract. The account is subject to the all-up maximum BT Broadband Price.

CP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

If you have never been in fixed term contract apart from outset then you are paying to much and should negotiate a new cheaper deal and as part of negotiations ask for new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

If you have never been in fixed term contract apart from outset then you are paying to much and should negotiate a new cheaper deal and as part of negotiations ask for new hub

Yes, was going to say! Thought BT would have been in touch in the last few years(!) to renew.

--
0 Ratings