cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 45

Re: Getting a connection

Interestingly, I did accidentally type a wrong number (of a neighbour) when doing the test and a lot more info came up including fibre availability on that  mistyped number so you are on to something. The problem is that there is only one cabinet in the village, one rustic lane, and one wire that runs past my house in splendid isolation taking the fibre to my neighbours further away along the lane while I watch the birds sunning themselves on the wire. In other words there is no alternative cabinet to tap into. Another of my neighbours suggests that there is a limited allocation in each box and there may not be a slot left for anyone new. Is that a possibility or a piece of nonsense? What I need is to bump into an Open Reach engineer with a tool box in the back of his/her van. I can't help feeling that would fix it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 45

No one is aking you to post any personal information on this forum so I cannot understand your reluctance to post a screenshot of the checker result with your number removed but the exchange and cabinet info intact.

Without this info no-one here can help you further.

I suggest you contact SuperfastWales who may be able to assist you further.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 45

Even if that was the case the dslchecker would show waiting list posting checker results would really help us help you and if cabinet problem advise best way to progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 45

Yes you neighbour is correct, there are only so many available slots in a cabinet for fibre, but it would still show you VDSL (fibre) and the speeds then “available” if there was space or it would show the same speeds etc but would show “waiting list” if the cabinet is full. You would still see the information, with it showing you nothing but ADSL (copper) it could well be a database issue and your line has somehow been missed off what is truly available to you. until the database is corrected, if it is that then your order for fibre will alway fail to progress.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 45

I didn't know I was required to post a screenshot and I am not sure I can do so on this iPad though I have no objection to trying. But you are right I am sure that it is some sort of database issue.  There is at present no way to tell BT this. I have to go now but maybe I should try again in 6 months time and see if things have changed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 16 of 45

@Zombie wrote:

Yes you neighbour is correct, there are only so many available slots in a cabinet for fibre, but it would still show you VDSL (fibre) and the speeds then “available” if there was space or it would show the same speeds etc but would show “waiting list” if the cabinet is full. You would still see the information, with it showing you nothing but ADSL (copper) it could well be a database issue and your line has somehow been missed off what is truly available to you. until the database is corrected, if it is that then your order for fibre will alway fail to progress.

It could equally be an EO line but without the results we'll never know.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 45

this help should enable you to post the image  https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 45

BT Wholesale

Telephone Number 01547*** on Exchange WHITTON

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperPremise environmentStatus
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateP      
Last Test Date01-06-2018      

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 45

there is no cabinet number shown   has that been missed off?  probably not and I think that explains the problem that your are on an EO - exchange only - connections as suggested by @pippincp  at present EO lines cannot get fibre conenctions but from your adsl conenction speeds you must be a long way from the exchange

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 45

Thank you everyone for your patience with this dumbo but, given the situation, how does one move forward? Is there anyone in BT listening? Is there an address/email/phone number one can use to ask them to DO something?

0 Ratings