Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 45

Re: Getting a connection

If you are on exchange only connection then there is nothing you or BT can do until openreach provide you with fibre connection but that could be years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 45

Words fail me! Thank you everyone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 23 of 45

I have given you your best course of action in  a previous post (with link). Contact Superfast Wales. They may already have planning in place.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 45

I'm not so sure you are on an EO line, it could be a database issue. What does the checker show if you enter your address rather than phone number?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 45

Thank you. Using the address gives this. It may explain that when BT sales people say yes they get this and, as the order progresses, they are bumped back to the situation I seem to be in above where it becomes a no.

Address THE RACK, KINNERTON, PRESTEIGNE, LD8 2PF on Exchange WHITTON is served by Cabinet 5

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability Date  High Low High Low      Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Other Offerings     Availability Date 

VDSL Range A (Clean)49358.75.832.2Available-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)41.726.77.84.320.6Available-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available-- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available-- 
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available-- 
VDSL Multicast------Available-- 

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 45

I have asked the mods if they can respond.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 45

That is very kind of you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 45

Hi @NicholasM,

I can't make you any promises but I'll take a look to see if anything can be done. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Message 29 of 45

Hi @NicholasM I called earlier sorry I missed you. I've checked the records and you should be able to order fibre broadband now. Please can you check and if your still having any issues post back and let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
Expert
Message 30 of 45

Excellent result. 👍

0 Ratings