cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 45

It is indeed an excellent result and thank you everyone f...

It is indeed an excellent result and thank you everyone for your help. I can't put it to the test until tomorrow morning because I am shooting off but I will report back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 45

Re: It is indeed an excellent result and thank you everyone f...

Ok, bad news I am afraid. After a call from the moderator conveying the good news that the problem was sorted I called BT this morning to order the fibre package and was told that nothing had changed and it was not available which is what they have been saying for the past few months. Back to square one unfortunately unless, John, you can help me steer around this one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 33 of 45

Don't worry, @JohnC2 will stick with you until you are sorted out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 45

I sensed that so fingers crossed!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 35 of 45

Hi @NicholasM Thanks for taking my call earlier and just to explain to the community that I was checking your active BT line for fibre availability earlier in error. 

I've checked out the line you were looking to move to BT (at a different address) and it is an Exchange Only (EO) line and therefore unfortunately fibre is not available.

You can check this information at www.openreach.co.uk/whereandwhen  and when you check the phone number is is confirmed as EO. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 45

Thank you, John, for looking into this and for all the people on this forum who helped. It's a deeply disappointing outcome and an extraordinary one that in a tiny Welsh village one house is excluded in perpetuity from access, via the single cabinet in the village, to the fibre broadband tbat everyone else has access to. I will be writing to my MP and my Welsh Assembly member (as the Assembly has been keen to extend faster broadband throughout rural Wales) in order to fight this. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 37 of 45

So I was correct in the beginning, EO line.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 45

Sorry, but I'm really not convinced that one single dwelling would be EO when all around are connected to a cabinet. Has an Openreach engineer actually carried out a pair trace to 100% verify that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 45

I've found the property on Google maps and I'll eat my hat if it is an EO line. There are businesses further along the lane with published phone numbers that are on cab 5 that are fed from the same aerial cable that have VDSL availability.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 45

Well, thank you, this is what I have been arguing, more or less ,without your more refined technical knowledge. 

0 Ratings