cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 41 of 45

Re: It is indeed an excellent result and thank you everyone f...

Hi @NicholasM I will raise a further query with Openreach to verify if this an exchange only line. I'll update you as soon as I hear back. These cases normally take approx 10 days.

Cheers
John 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 45

Thank you, John, that sounds hopeful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 45

I raised this with the Welsh Assembly who have been putting a lot of public money into rolling out faster broadband in Wales and this is what they say:-

Good Afternoon,

I have looked on our website checker and according to data from BT it looks like that you can get fibre broadband straightaway with a predicted maximum speed of 41.65Mbps (FTTC). The speed you experience on a day-to-day basis may be less than the above indicated speed and could vary at different times of the day

You are connected to cabinet number 5 on  the Whitton exchange. However, to get superfast broadband you need to upgrade to a superfast broadband package. Your current broadband won’t change unless you upgrade.

You may wish to use price comparison websites to compare different packages and broadband providers. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/price-c...
BT also have a list of providers https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/superfast-broadband/superfast-fibre-buy-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 45

just need to wait until openreach reply to mods and hopefully confirm cabinet 5 and not EO

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 45

I just thought I should offer an update on this. I am really grateful to everyone, especially the moderator, for trying to help. No progress has yet been made and I was called to be informed that when I first raised this with BT (not on this forum) several months ago the issue was passed on to someone inside BT so that when the moderator contacted Open Reach he was told that the issue was already noted. I had no idea that anyone was looking into it in this way but naturally very pleased. As I say, nothing has happened yet but let's hope before the end of the year the issue will have been resolved and thanks again to all.