Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Springerrob
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Getting connected to BT.

Go to solution

Apologies if this is not in the right place. 

I've been trying to order FTTP online, chiefly to get the free charge cards.

Each order has failed, fourth one yesterday, each time connection dates were missed, when I called customer services each time I was told they had no idea why. 

Last night however I called and was told the reason for failure was because it was not possible to port an existing number from another provider over to fibre, after speaking to other managers she called me back to say there was a way to do it  and that was to keep the existing copper phone line, and just have the broadband on the fibre. 

The operator said I couldn't start another order until the existing one had finished canceling, she said call back tomorrow and we'll start the order giving you the online benefits. 

I called back today, and despite the notes left on the previous order by two different operators, I was told emphatically, no you can't keep a copper phone line to keep my existing number.

I know for a fact a neighbour has ported their number from another provider, although their first orders failed  unfortunately they have no idea why it was successful this time.

Am I just wasting my time trying to get get connected with BT? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Getting connected to BT.

Go to solution

the only help for FTTP is the FTTP phone number 0800 587 4787  there is no help for FTTP on the forum

can you enter your phone number and post results  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome  remember to delete number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Springerrob
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Getting connected to BT.

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Ratings