cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Getting setup before I move?

Hi,

I’m moving into a new property on the 8th August and would like to get setup with BT services prior to my move in date. I’m only wanting BT Fibre 2.

my question is, can I have the Hub and any required hardware delivered to my current address while having my new property activated on the 8th August and ready to go on my move in day? So I can just setup the Hub and be ready to go?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Getting setup before I move?

Is your new property a new build getting FTTP?

are you an existing BT customer transferring your current broadband contract?

does new property have an existing openreach phone line?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

im not sure what FTTP is and I’m not an existing BT customer, when I enter the property postcode into BT postcode checker it shows this: 

So does this mean the property has an open reach phone line?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

That is just a post  code check  and not accurate just general for the post code area

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Try entering the address

is it a new build property?  FTTP is fibre to the property 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

thanks for your reply, I used the link you provided and this is the result. I’m not sure what any of it means though..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@Mistados wrote:

Hi,

I’m moving into a new property on the 8th August and would like to get setup with BT services prior to my move in date. I’m only wanting BT Fibre 2.

my question is, can I have the Hub and any required hardware delivered to my current address while having my new property activated on the 8th August and ready to go on my move in day? So I can just setup the Hub and be ready to go?

Setting up the hub just involves plugging it in unless you have a huge amount of port-forwarding configuration to do.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@Mistadoswrote:

Yes, you can have your equipment sent to any UK address, It will be delivered 1 working day before your activation date.
If you're ordering just broadband, the hub packaging is small enough to fit through a standard sized letterbox and no signature required.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Great, so can I choose my activation date when ordering my services?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yes, you'll be given the earliest activation but it can be delayed a week or so

0 Ratings