Message 2 of 8

Re: Gfast - Amber availability

Go to solution

The FTTP team will be able to advise you. Give them a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@Foiled I've seen this before when the low estimate is below the 100Mb minimum guarantee on the g fast packages. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

There are a lot of various explanations apparently depending on which ISP you talk to.

@NeilO  until the last couple of weeks Gfast was available ( not that I can afford it) but it is now amber 

Gfast1.PNG

Also if I check using the website, as a new customer , what I can order as Ultrafast  is only the  152Mbps package whereas previously the 300Mbps was available. I haven't bothered the FTTP team as I'm not buying it. 

0 Ratings
Foiled
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I’ve had the exact same experience as @conrad

Dslchecker says I should be able to get 330Mbps (the bt cabinet is <100m away), previously I was able to order the full gfast speeds with bt.com, but now only 150 Mbps is available. When I ordered 330Mbps with EE, EE cancelled the order as bt openworld couldn’t give them a installation date *shrug*

Hence my question of what does “amber availability” exactly mean?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Just guessing here, I wonder if it is because there isn't sufficient capacity in the backhaul to support the volume of take up of the 330M service. I.e nothing to do with sync speed capability, but rather throughput capability.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I've emailed the G Fast product manager in BT Wholesale to see if I can get an explanation for this result, when I hear back I'll let you all know the outcome.

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

To clarify the amber result simply means that Openreach are recommending that the G.Fast install is done by an engineer rather than the self install option that is being trialled by them at the moment, it won't prevent you from ordering and doesn't indicate any issues with the line.

I hope that clears things up?

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings