cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Gfast issues

I've been having issues with Gfast with router constantly disconnecting after engineer visits they are saying I should switch back to normal fiber as they said you have amazing line and signal so Gfast is the issue I've now gone back to fiber well I'm waiting for them to do so, just wanted to know if people agree and also having issues with Gfast I'm 3km away from green box 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Gfast issues

As far as I'm aware Gfast is only effective over short distances so that f you've been put on Gfast and you're 3km away from the cab, it could cause issues.

We're about 200 metres away and we max out what's available to us at 169mbps and it's rock solid

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Enter your phone number and see what estimates you get  post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@modonnell97 wrote:

I've been having issues with Gfast with router constantly disconnecting after engineer visits they are saying I should switch back to normal fiber as they said you have amazing line and signal so Gfast is the issue I've now gone back to fiber well I'm waiting for them to do so, just wanted to know if people agree and also having issues with Gfast I'm 3km away from green box 

There is no chance whatsoever that G.Fast works at 3Km, VDSL will struggle at that distance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Sorry I meant more than 300m

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Screenshot_20210402-212805_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Screenshot_20210402-213032_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Any noise on your line? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Nope mate nothing 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

If it helps I'm having issues with G.fast, constant disconnects sometimes every 45 minutes or so. The odd thing is it never looses speed when it reconnects (which i would expect if there was noise on the line) . Try google G.fast disconnect problems there are lots of issues.

0 Ratings