cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Good old orange light of doom!

Tred the quiet line test and no problems there. It was silent between announcements, other than what I can only describe as hold a seashell to your ear...

Have tried the test socket. We have the one on picture number 6.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

@Saxondale wrote:

Tred the quiet line test and no problems there. It was silent between announcements, other than what I can only describe as hold a seashell to your ear...

Have tried the test socket. We have the one on picture number 6.

Thanks.

Do you have any other extension wiring or phone sockets, and are they connected to the back of that bottom faceplate, as shown here Extension wiring terminals

If they are not connected to those terminals, then they could be affecting the broadband connection.

Apart from that, I cannot suggest any other tests you can do, to eliminate any problems with your wiring, so all you can do is to wait for a visit.

Please update this thread with the outcome.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Good morning.

Nope, no other extentions, wiring or sockets in the house.

I appreciate the help, but it looks like we will have to wait for the engineer. Although I don't have a lot of confidence he'll be able to get it working.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

They should be able to sort it out, but if you still have problems, I will ask a moderator to help.

You can claim for loss of service.

See Customer service guarantee

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Well isn't that a miracle...?

Engineer booked for this afternoon between 12pm and 3pm, after failing to attend on Tuesday. Then low and behold at 10am this morning, we have a solid blue light on the smart hub.

The only thing now is that the speed has dropped from an average of 32Mb/s to 28Mb/s. Never had anywhere near the 76Mb/s advertised for Infinity 2.

Cancelled the engineer as didn't want to waste his time now it's running, but can't shake the feeling I may have been premature in doing so...

Just need to sort out the credit with BT now, for loss of service for 7 days. Hopefully all sorted and it won't drop out again.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 16 of 17

Can you post the hub stats again?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Here you go.

BTHH6_3.pngBTHH6_4.png

0 Ratings