cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shifty
Message 1 of 12

Got Infinity Yesterday Now All I get Are Dc's and Slow Speed

I came from Virgin Media because all I got was DC's, as I'm a gamer I cannot play with any of my clan mates ATM. Anyway I went to BT , as I had heard good reports, but sad to say my past day has nothing, but DC's again. I made numerous Phone calls to BT today only to be told there was a problem in the area, and it will be fixed. Fair enouigh I waited phoned again to be told everything was ok, but it was'nt. I do undertstand that the whole thing has to have, so long configuring itself, but I'm sure it does not do DC's, and goes down to 4mb, as I have experianced. Thus, as of now I am seroulsly sorry I left Virgin if this is the way they are going to treat new customers. I just cannot believe this to be happening, and all I can say if nothing is done then I will leave. even the engineer didnt doi a speed check, or check my pc settings. please BTW dont ask me if I use Wireless for gaming, as I dont.
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Got Infinity Yesterday Now All I get Are Dc's and Slow Speed

Hi can you please run the bt speedtest and post back the results of the further diagnostics section of the tests this will show your IP profile which will help community members guide you what to do next

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com
0 Ratings
Tomb11
Message 3 of 12

@shifty wrote:

I came from Virgin Media because all I got was DC's, as I'm a gamer I cannot play with any of my clan mates ATM. Anyway I went to BT , as I had heard good reports, but sad to say my past day has nothing, but DC's again. I made numerous Phone calls to BT today only to be told there was a problem in the area, and it will be fixed. Fair enouigh I waited phoned again to be told everything was ok, but it was'nt. I do undertstand that the whole thing has to have, so long configuring itself, but I'm sure it does not do DC's, and goes down to 4mb, as I have experianced. Thus, as of now I am seroulsly sorry I left Virgin if this is the way they are going to treat new customers. I just cannot believe this to be happening, and all I can say if nothing is done then I will leave. even the engineer didnt doi a speed check, or check my pc settings. please BTW dont ask me if I use Wireless for gaming, as I dont.

You say that you don't use wireless for gaming which is one possible solution out of the way, please can you run a BT speedtest and post the IP profile here? This would be great help for us to try and help you more. Based on your ping I'd say that your modem hasn't lost sync and the actual problem is either a firewall or other issues with your computer or the router. If you'd like I could tell you how to directly connect to the Openreach white modem to bypass the router, this will help rule out an issue with the router.

Just a small note to add: Your issue will probably be something simple to fix and you should hopefully get up and running soon 🙂

Let me know and I will post back.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Lol the call centre in india told me on three different occasions that there was a fault with my exchange yet still the speed never increased until the 6 engineers found problems on the poll and in the ground.

OP unplug all the Telephones/Skybox's or anything else that is plugged into your phone socket and do a speed test.
0 Ratings
shifty
Message 5 of 12

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.57 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-70.46 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 70.46 Mbps Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.97Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps Cannot even watch a vid from youtube guys please dont ask me for anymore tests Im sick and tired of BT already, and still cannot beleive this has just been put in. I'm on the phone to them now enough is enough.

I have been on the phone yeta again.

It seems the stupid engineer turned everything on at the box, but did not inform the network, so now I have to wait for them to sort it out.

OH GOD why are there so many A**-Wipes in jobs like this :((.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 6 of 12

@shifty wrote:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.57 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-70.46 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 70.46 Mbps Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.97Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps Cannot even watch a vid from youtube guys please dont ask me for anymore tests Im sick and tired of BT already, and still cannot beleive this has just been put in. I'm on the phone to them now enough is enough.

Have you unplgged everything in all of the phone sockets? Do this first as if it is something in you phone sockets that is doing it sure as eggs are eggs you will get charged. Your profile is saying you should get near to 70Mbs from that profile if you have done the above you have a fault between the cab to the house Or if a problem is found to be house wiring IMO should have been rectified on installation of the infinity service. Good Luck

0 Ratings
danmdan
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Internal wiring can often be the problem.  For example I've just found that my broadband speed is faster from the HH3 router when got via wifi, rather than got over an ethernet/powerline connection to the HH3.

0 Ratings
shifty
Message 8 of 12

@Enigma.

Funny you should say that, a I done a test with BT's own tester.

It read that I was getting 69.8 from exchange to house, but when it got to my pc only 5.8.

i know its not my pc, as I have tested it with a a brand new laptop, and the result is the same.

I did as you said, but still getting the same readings BTW :(.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 9 of 12

@shifty wrote:

@Enigma.

Funny you should say that, a I done a test with BT's own tester.

It read that I was getting 69.8 from exchange to house, but when it got to my pc only 5.8.

i know its not my pc, as I have tested it with a a brand new laptop, and the result is the same.

I did as you said, but still getting the same readings BTW :(.

If you have tested it with different equipment ie another laptop and it's the same results and everything in the phone sockets is unplugged then it is wiring either in the house which as i said IMO should have been sorted out on the installation of the infinity service which i would dispute if they say it's down to house wiring and want to charge you for it or it's the wiring to the house. Good Luck mate as i know how hard it can be getting someone to actually do the work instead of lip service

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Don't blame the engineer based on what BT call centre staff say, there isn't anything for the engineer to activate.
0 Ratings