cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Griff4560
Message 11 of 16

Re: Got fibre in my area, but cabinet is full!

Go to solution
I have similar issue. BT infinity residential said no capacity but because I work from home & have a registered business, I thought I would try BT business route & (surprise, surprise) they said it was ok. I even got a 'VOL' reference no. for my order, however - BT were meant to call me about installation at start of this week & so far have not....the impression I get is that IMO, the business community is unfairly given priority over residential users, but also it seems people are being fobbed off about 'no capacity/try again in 6 months' standard responses. Couldn't get Adsl checker page to work btw, page error - thanks anyway
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@Griff4560

Business customers do get priority, as they pay more for their service. They also get priority when it comes to repair.

There is a separate forum for business users here  http://business.forums.bt.com/

This is the residential forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
That's not true Keith in regards to ports in the cabinet.

The reason a business order was able to be placed was because I believe they make use of the waiting list system where as residential do not.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Griff4560
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Yes that makes sense about waiting list thanks @Webby. But I still cant help thinking that potential residential users are being fobbed off. Fair enough about business users paying more for their service, but the statement from BT re. 'Not currently available' to residential is basically untrue. What they should be saying is, 'yes it is available but not at the price we advertise' ! - I'm wondering if this is actually a case for 'Trading Standards' involvement, because unfortunately, due to BT monopoly, it also means no other fibre broadband provider gets a look in...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
Other ISP's can utilise the waiting list, but like BT consumer, not many do.

BT do not have a monopoly. Openreach provide a network that is available over 500 communication providers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
kerienn
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
Same problem here. Keep bombarded by marketings emails fom BT saying fibre is available, time to upgrade, blabla. Tried a few times in the past 2 years with BT/EE/PlusNET. Always went through the whole application process, debit card numbers, etc. and ended up cancelled due to cabinet is full. I have given up hope now. My only chance is to go ahead using 4G mobile broadband as I am stuck with standard broadband (10Mbit/s)...
0 Ratings