Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 52

Great Western Park, Didcot

Go to solution
After moving in to this developed site, we had our phone line put in and was told we have a FTTH connection as well as the traditional FTTC and copper cable.

After waiting a month to order infinity we were told that it was not available to us at this time with no data when it would be. No one seems to have any idea about our site. I would like to enquire when the residents of Great Western Parkcan receive a fibre Internet service which is apparent the hardware is installed for? And when will these cabinets become active for fibre connection?
0 Ratings
51 REPLIES 51
Checked2013
Expert
Message 2 of 52

Re: Great Western Park, Didcot

Go to solution

If you enter your phone number into the following link does it give any information about FTTC: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 52

Go to solution

Hi Scully1990,

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach for ALL ISPs/CPs so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach.

What dies it say for your BTWholesale recognisable landline number when you go to http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl ?

If your number is not re o used you can try the address version via http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Copy and paste the results/grid into a post though remember to edit out your address/tel number

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 52

Go to solution

Address wise, they don't actually find our house they've actually placed it about 5 miles away.

With our phone number it has the speeds we were quoted for standard broadband. The last 2 rows (which I belive to be the fibre connections in the cabinet) only have "1" in the first column and nothing else. But all 4 rows are noted as "available".

I've been pretty patient with this as I just want to find a solution. I know new build sites are notorious for having teething problems such as addresses unable to be found and telephone lines taking a long time to be activated.

Surely with all the hardware (cables/cabinets) in place and the fibre optic sticking out under the stairs, it can't be so difficult for the fibre Internet to activated? 2-3mbits speed when there is a fully functional fibre optic cable sitting there which could provide us with at least 36mbits is rather frustrating.

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 5 of 52

Go to solution

It's very hard to tell what you mean because you've not posted a screenshot, but all fibre information should be the first two rows at the top of the table and look like the following example:

fibre.jpg

0 Ratings
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 52

Go to solution
Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--1 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 52

Go to solution

That is all.

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 8 of 52

Go to solution

@Scully1990 wrote:

That is all.

That means there is no fibre available for you at this time (Works may not have finished yet). My advice would be keep checking on a regular basis, i.e. Once a week.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 9 of 52

Go to solution

@Scully1990,

You can try emailing NGA Openreach via nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk with your landline number, address and pcp(cabinet) number to see if they have any more information regarding upgrading your cabinet. It may take a week or so to get a reply.

It could also be that your property is too far away from the Openreach fibre infrastructure (ie FTTC dslam cabinet) to be able to have fibre broadband.

In areas where the commercial Superfast-Openreach fibre broadband rollout will not be able to reach, your local council or govenment BDUK superfast broadband rollout scheme may be able to help. For more information on your BDUK superfast broadband rollout scheme, you will need to contact your council or government.

Unfortunately BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP who operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get FTTC or FTTP/H based broadband such as BT Infinity.

You can keep checking the BT Wholesale Database and BT Infinity website for the most upto date information as these are updated regularly.

The Superfast Openreach When and Where website is: http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
PPLMatt
Message 10 of 52

Go to solution

Hi Scully1990

I've also recently moved into Great Western Park, Didcot and had a similar experience. Currently only receiving poor performing broadband.

Can you share any further information you received regarding BT Infinity?

Thanks

0 Ratings