Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 52

Re: Great Western Park, Didcot

Go to solution

Further update.

I spoke with Ed Vaizey, MP and Bill Murphy (BT Managing Director - Next Generation Access BT/BTOpenreach) this morning and Bill mentioned that the work to be completed on the 7th March, this Friday.

Bill mentioned that his words, "We had to close roads and we had difficulty with approvals…works progressing now and will be done on march 7th which should then allow us to start to deliver service to the area”

So between the lines he is blaming the delays on the local council as well as well the slow approach by BT.

We will have to see if "the guy at the top" is true to his word.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 52

Go to solution

Well we shall see, fortunately I finish work at midday. So if any work is being carried out I should spot it easily. Hopefully this activates Blackthorn, Damson and all the roads between.

Impressive work Arkroyal.

0 Ratings
schmidster87
Beginner
Message 23 of 52

Go to solution

fingers crossed that information is right! BT told me on my last update that the initial dates they had scheduled for traffic management couldn't take place due to flooding...and that another permission request to the council had been made but they wouldn't receive a response from the council until March 12th. Lets hope the guy at the top is right and the work will be done on 7th, as at the moment it feels like the work will never be done!

0 Ratings
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 52

Go to solution

I sent an email to Bill Murphy and cc Ed Vaizey this morning to confirm if work is going to go ahead as planned today, he replied to say the exchange/traffic management work was completed last night (Thursday 6th) for Blackthorn Road, Juniper Way, Damson Drive and Maple Road. He has also personally asked if I can make arrangements for an engineer to be on site on Monday 10th.  Bill Murphy is personally overseeing this as per request from Ed Vaizey to make sure this is completed.

My ISP Zen Internet have also filtered messages through to say that the internet exchange work will be done on Tuesday at the same time Bill emailed me so hopefully things moving forward.

Might want to contact your ISP so they can check with BTOpenreach for an update as after last night things would of changed.

What is interesting was Didcot did not suffer flooding or at least Great Western Park and towards Broadway/Town Centre where the telephone exchange is located, (Didcot is built on a hill, valley) and I walk from GWP to the Train station on a daily basis, while the delay from the council was or is certainly a factor, I have yet to obtain information of where exactly the road works took place, as none were done on the estate other than BTOpenreach laying Fibre that has been on going since last year.

0 Ratings
schmidster87
Beginner
Message 25 of 52

Go to solution

they kept telling me the works were to be done on the a34!!! It's a shame that Lime Walk doesn't seem to have been included in the works that have been completed. Do you have a contact for the MP you are dealing with? Maybe the more of us that complain the more will be done. My ISP is actually BT and everytime I call them I get a different answer...

0 Ratings
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 52

Go to solution

You say they kept telling you, have you phoned for a newer update?  Yes the A34 excuse was what I was getting back in February but it should not be the case now, its old news.  Have you actually contacted them to get a fresh update?

As Ed Vaizey is our local MP he does seem to be taken a stern interest in this situation, so yes the more people complain the more pressure he can put on Bill Murphy (Managing Director of Next Generation Access for BT), he really needs to find a better or shoter title lol.  But Bill has assured me that work was completed on Thursday 6th and he is personally overseeing my installation on monday as per Ed Vaizey request.

Unfortunately the forum gremlins have edited my previous post on the other page which I gave a link to Ed Vaizey contact page but I am sure you can google it to find what you need to contact him. He is really helpful and will reply to you personally.

Lime Walk is off Blackthorn Road and next to Maple Drive so I would of thought it would be under the recent connection plan.

0 Ratings
antakar
Beginner
Message 27 of 52

Go to solution

Arkroyal,

How did you placed an order with the engeneer visit ti install the broadband?

I have contacted BT and they said there is no option for me at the moment to get the fibre broadband?

What arguments have you used?

Also, do you have any info as to when BT is going to update their database so the customer would be able to check broadband availability on their website checker?

Cheers

0 Ratings
schmidster87
Beginner
Message 28 of 52

Go to solution

Hi Arkroyal

Yes, of course, I have been receiving weekly (if not more) updates from BT.

I've had a call this morning - having spoken to Ed/Bill - with BT asking to book my appointment finally (after 4 months!)

0 Ratings
antakar
Beginner
Message 29 of 52

Go to solution
schmidster87,

How have you contacted them, what phone No?

Also, is that the only way to get the broadband to talk to the Ed/Bill? Do i have to send them emails etc?

Is there a way of contacting BT just to get the fibre without bothering the "busy" guys?
0 Ratings
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 52

Go to solution

Hi Antakar,

My internet order goes back to December 2013 (When I was making arrangements to move house) when I decided to stop using my current then ISP of 13 years (Zen Internet) and swap to BT internet as they were going to wavier the installation fee, when my installation came and went on the 21st January I decided to drop BT altogether and go back to Zen.  It wasnt until after the 2nd Visit on the 31st January I decided to contact Ed Vaizey on the 12th February to get something done about it.  Since then Ed Vaizey has asked Bill Murphy to take personal overview of my installation and to make sure that "hopefully" it is completed today (This is for the phone line), the internet should be activated tomorrow at the exchange end once the phone line is connected this afternoon.

This is for standard broadband dont forget not Fibre, as while they have laid down the FTTP (Fibre to Premises) fibre cable around the estate it might still take alittle while to get it connected, the phone connection is the first step.  Because without your telephone connection it is hard not to perform an accurate test for broadband and eventually Fibre, and a rough guessimate postcode checker will not give back the information you need.

0 Ratings