Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 52

Re: Great Western Park, Didcot

Go to solution

You and me both Antakar, makes you wonder how they function as a company.  Plus I completely understand why Parliment wanted to halt the further £250million to BT on the Fibre Rollout last year as they wanted to know where the money was going.

I am only going by what the Managing Director (big wig) has told me, and yes FTTP fibre was laid outside my home on January 31st in Blackthorn Road so makes you wonder why it is taking so long.  My ISP came back to say BTOpenreach have to wait until all the databases are updated, well that make you think either their database is slow and out of date software, or they are not efficiently doing the job properly.

Makes you wonder why countries like South Korea and Sweden/Finland are miles ahead.

BT are what Electronic Arts are to the gaming world.

Will post if I have any new info.

0 Ratings
antakar
Beginner
Message 42 of 52

Go to solution

Guys, were there, start placing orders!

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC FTTPUp to 330Up to 30--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--1.5 to 5.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1.5 to 4.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available
Fixed Rate1 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Scully1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 52

Go to solution
Antiwar, which street are you on? Damson hasn't updated yet.
0 Ratings
Arkroyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 52

Go to solution

Hi,

I sent a polite email to Bill Murphy and Ed Vaizay yesterday to ask and to re-check the Fibre availibility, Bill came back with the 5-6 weeks again, so on the off chance today the same as Antakar I checked and got the same results for Blackthorn Road.

I think we will have to thank Ed Vaizey on this one again, as I am sure he is the ones pushing the buttons to make it happen for us, and me of course. 😉

0 Ratings
danderton
Beginner
Message 45 of 52

Go to solution

Hi,

I have just moved into GWP (First owners with no conncetion)

2 weeks after ordering 5 days before activation date i have been told infrastructure work must be planned and carried out before lines can go live. 

The planning date is 2 weeks after our proposed live date.

Did anyone else have issues when they first moved in!?

Thanks

Dan

0 Ratings
Jonmoon84
Message 46 of 52

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Jonmoon84
Message 47 of 52

Go to solution
Hi there,

Just seen this thread. I have finally got Broadband installed at 3mb and have seen from the thread they are now accepting orders for FTTP. Has anybody sucessfully done this in the lisahead avenue area of GWP? Can't handle slow internet anymore!.

Many Thanks

Jon.
0 Ratings
antakar
Beginner
Message 48 of 52

Go to solution
0 Ratings
BrunelBoy
Beginner
Message 49 of 52

Go to solution

I am moving onto GWP very soon, to Blackthorn Road, and BT kindly tell me that I can no longer have Infinity.  So I am moving half a mile from the twon centre and by broadband speed goes from 80Mbs to 2-6Mbs - what a joke!

Can someone update me on progress at the top end of GWP, i.e. Blackthoern Road / Lime Walk area.  The houses have been built for over a year no I think.

0 Ratings
macca123
Message 50 of 52

Go to solution

Hi all,

I struggle with the idea that BT are so slow with activating fibre to individual houses on GWP. There must be a financial reason they are so hesitant. My next door neigbour has had fibre available for 5 months and their house goes to the same cabinet as mine on GWP. 

Infinity is still not available to my house and after raising a complaint with BT I am told it 'maybe' another 1 or 2 months. This sounded like a standard stock reply to a question they could not provide a reasonable answer to.

From the post above, I am pleased  for those that have it sorted and well done to Arkroyal.

I understand I am connected to a cabinet which has fibre enabled and our house has the cabling going to it to provide the service so whats the hold up?

OK, rant over for now until the next time I try and work from home on my current internet connection.

0 Ratings