cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanguine
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Great stable line for 1st 10 days of Infinity 2, 10mbps drop on day 11

I can't complain at all about the first 10d since I got Infinity 2 - have had a great connection, no drop outs at all.

I looked at the router stats earlier and noticed that the hub had reset this morning and now was running around 10mb slower.

Yesterday (sorry no screengrab) the stats showed uptime of 9 days, 19999 upload, 69000 (roughly) download - identical to speed tests I have performed. maximum was 21000 upload and only 65000 download - so download maximum was showing well below what I was actually getting.

Noise margin was about 5/5 which I gather is low.

Connection has been super stable with ping 14ms etc. (has now increased to about 40ms)

So I was a bit surprised today to see the change. Is this fairly usual and does this just mean the line wasn't as good as I thought it was?

(I should point out I am far from unhappy with the current speed, assuming it does not drop further.)

current stats below

routerstats.jpg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Great stable line for 1st 10 days of Infinity 2, 10mbps drop on day 11

can you check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using the test socket with new filter to eliminate your setup, the faceplate and internal wiring from causing the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

What the hub doesn't show you is the number of errored seconds of your line
Even if the line doen't disconnect DLM may still cap speed, introduce GINP and/or interleaving
Interleaving brings increased latency
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I find that not having detailed stats from the Hub is quite annoying! It's basically not shown so that customers don't get "too hung up on it"! You're best getting a 3rd party router anyway, as ISP provided ones are not good.

0 Ratings
Sanguine
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

That all makes sense. I assume then I just haven't noticed any evidence of line instability then but perhaps it wasn't so good. I'd sort of assumed that the first 10 day period would include router restarts if the line wasn't stable; I guess that's not the case.

Quiet line is quiet and no change with the master socket, at least so far.

Thanks for replies.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

if you hub is dropping connection then you need to try the test socket to avoid possible charge of £129.99 for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sanguine
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Yes sorry, I meant the test socket.

As I mentioned, I've not actually noticed a single disconnect and only realised something was up when I checked the stats, so I'm hoping I won't need to order an engineer visit.

It seems to be ticking along at 60mbps now so I'll just wait and see what it does next - presumably if it remains stable it might tick up at some point if it's a DLM thing?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

If your connection remains stable 24/7 then yet he DLM will move connection speed nearer your attainable but this could take a few weeks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

To me it looks like the line is banded, so that'll need an Openreach engineer I'm afraid, could be difficult if line speed is within estimates, however I managed to do it.

0 Ratings