Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Breakout
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

HELP Uncap Upload speed please.

Go to solution
Hi BT

I just called your customer service and apparently you can not uncap upload speed??? How come? I had the same line with Plusnet and had Uncap upload speed done years back without any problem and now the upload speed is caped again to 10Mb/s. The lady over phone tried to help me but some manager told her that you can not do it. Really why?? I want my upload speed uncap as it is normal and nothing new and I am fully aware of that can have impact on download again I am happy with it as I had it done before. And I know the upload is caped as I know what speed on upload I was achieving. PLEASE UNCAP MY ULOAD SPEED. Thank everyone for help.

Best Regards. Juraj
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 2 of 25

Re: HELP Uncap Upload speed please.

Go to solution
Check if you're getting good download speeds which is above than your minimum guaranteed or the point of sale speeds quoted on the e-mail. If the download speeds are lower than the Point of sale speeds, there definitely is an issue somewhere and that's impacting the upload as well. Try to connect to the main socket without the land line and see if that helps or not
0 Ratings
Breakout
Beginner
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution
Mate I have no problem with download speed and this is completely something different every broadband supplier in UK cap upload speed what is normal as it has impact on download if you do too much stuff with upload. My line is working a absolutely amazing just the issue is the CAPED upload speed which I want to UNCAP had this done before with another suppliers only BT looks like they do not do it or are not allowed what is strange as no one else from different suppliers never had this problem when I requested uncap upload lets see if someone from BT will respond and help and I hope they will as if not when my contract will end will go back to plusnet. 👍
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log/information.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of the result, remove number before posting.

Which service do you have Superfast 1 or 2?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post full result  remember delete number  must be done with ethernet   http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Breakout
Beginner
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Again this is NOT solution as the upload is CAPED by BT on 10Mbps and if bt will CAP your download or uplad that is what this broadband checker will tell you and I know for fact with Plusnet I had it without any problem after they uncaped the upload sometimes 20Mbps or over. This is only test of you line which will not tell you anything only if the service works as it sould but the problem is they cap upload as everytone else on the marked. There was no problem with Plusnet to have it uncap before or TalkTalk.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

running btspeedtester will show you up profile and if that is set to 10mb

as @pippincp  are you on superfast 1 which does have a cap of 10mb as against the more expensive superfast 2 which is 20mb

you need to post some data for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Breakout
Beginner
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Hi

Right as you can see my upload can do max 20Mbps but sometimes with plusnet I had it over 20 without problem at the moment I am not geting not evet 10Mbps and I would like to have it UNCAP by BT as they caped it. And it is Superfast Fibre Unlimited landline check.jpg

0 Ratings
Breakout
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Stats from HUB6HUB 6 pic 1.jpgHUB 6 pic 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Breakout
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

That means if I got service 1 what I do not know as it does not says anywhere I will have upload caped to 10Mbps and it can not be uncaped? As I have not seen anywhere that you can not have upload speed uncaped and in contract it says that only download speed is guaranteed not upload. And thank you guys for your help very very much. I can not believe that BT is the only one who is doing it really. 

0 Ratings