cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tansaku
Message 11 of 20

Re: HH3 constantly dropping broadband - Weird BT Speedtest Results

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem - speed is fine, but the connection drops every 15 minutes or so.  I am on BT Business and I had an engineer round with 24 hours when this first happened.  He checked everything in my house and could find nothing wrong.  The following day I was supposed to have a visit from a wholesale engineer, but he never came, or at least not to the house.  I think he might have done something locally, but basically it was fine for two weeks, and now same problem again - connection dropping every 15 minutes.  Total nightmare - I teach online and it's a disaster.  I've opened another issue with BT and it's being investigated ... maybe I should get them to send me a new router - but if 2 out of 3 of these Hub 3.0's are faulty ...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

tansaku

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
tansaku
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

No problem its just that you are paying more, so are entitled to business support.

0 Ratings
iann
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

i am getting this problem now

- lovefilm streams constantly stop while the speed in the corner read 0.5mbps, then after a minute it shoots back up to 35mbps (for a while).

- downloads stall and often crash, if they dont then they go at a snail's pace until the router is reset.

- 2 smartphones in the house show a connection to the network but cant connect to the internet until the wifi is switched off and on again.

and so on, basically i agree with the summation earlier in this thread that id rather have slow internet all the time than fast internet that crashes.

ive tried the broadband help pages, and my router is not near any other devices (except for the homehub is near the openreach router that for some reason the engineer hooked up in series?) so im not really sure what i am meant to do other than get used to resetting my connection on a daily basis and putting up with pauses in all my films?!(

0 Ratings
iann
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

this is actually getting worse now? today my speeds havent topped 900k/s on downloads and i have been unable to stream any films/tv via my blu-ray player without them stopping at least once every 15 minutes. for a few hours i couldnt even get a connection to iplayer/lovefilm/youtube via the unit.

i am new to the infinity service and already throughly regretting my decision to come back to bt after 4 years of uninterrupted, albeit *slightly* slower, service from talktalk.

0 Ratings
iann
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution
1 week on and this is still an issue, and no responses on here either . the homehub cannot keep a constant speed and most devices on the network seem to need restarting to be able to connect, or rather they show a connection to the network but need to be taken off and reconnected to access the internet.

with phones not receiving emails etc and streaming services not working anymore BT Infinity has effectively disabled my major uses of it. i will be looking into how i can terminate my contract at the first opportunity.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
dann
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

I'd ask for a replacement HomeHub if you haven't already. Although the first couple of replacement Homehubs that I received also ended up with the same problem (after working fine for the first few weeks) the third one I received has been working fine now for a number of months. Wireless performance isn't great when more than a couple of devices are connected but the main thing is that I'm now receiving a fairly consistant broadband speed. 

0 Ratings
iann
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

here is a typical evening for you:

start watching a streaming tv episode... speed isnt quite the 34mbps i can get but it is working

oh wait, a few minutes in and it's "loading" - pretty sure the adverts claim no buffering?

yep, now its crashed out.

pressing retry has worked. back to the start of the episode and the speed has gone to rock bottom.

watched a couple of more minutes then it is "loading" again...

error again...

network is down

after about 10 minutes it worked again and i was back to the start, this is how every tv episode/movie goes - making it pretty pointless to even try most of the time.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
I had exactly similar problem and BT tried complete swap-out of hardware. In the end problem was solved by 'opting-out' of BT WiFi.
0 Ratings