Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kblokey
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

HH4 dropping breaking connection on signal assist

Two problems in one.
Have a home hub 4 connected to a router with a BT signal assist to boost mobile signal as I am in a black hole. The assist works great but I fight a constant battle with my broadband connection dropping frequently. This has been a problem for a while now but every time I ring up there never seems to be a problem according to CS. Iv been with BT for a while now so I know a problem when I see one. The you view drops the entire household drops on the various devices we now rely on. Now we have the signal assist dropping.
Has anyone else suffered dropped connections and loss of service?
I don't see why I should pay for a new hub 6 like they want me too if there is a technical issue with the hub. It should be replaced.
One minute everything is connected then the hub goes red and no broadband. I'm on infinity so its fibre but I know the limitations of fibre. Fibre to the box then copper to the house. So I am assuming its the drop from the cabinet to the house that's the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: HH4 dropping breaking connection on signal assist

I wouldn't pay for a HH6 much better buying a 3rd party like tplink  HH6 ok if free  Your existing hh4 will be replaced free if you are still in a fixed term contract but if that has finished and you are on rolling monthly contract then hh4 is yours and your responsibility if faulty

if you are dropping connection post information from hh4 probably wan logs and looking for connection speed and noise margin

any noise on quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings