Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanMax89
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

HH5 Fortnightly Resyncs

Hi all,

It appears my HH5 is resyncing every 14 days, with the event logs showing entries like below. Is there any reason for it doing this? The first time it did it, it enabled interleaving on my line and pings to bbc.co.uk shot up from 16ms to 26ms (very annoying as an avid gamer). This last time it appears to have made very slight increase to the download data rate, going from 20000/78073 to 20000/78203, interleaving still on.

Is this DLM adjusting to improve the line? Does that suggest DLM will eventually take interleaving off? I'd toyed with the idea of getting BT to reset the DLM to get rid of interleaving (managed this before) and using an HG612 with the HH5 as just a router to prevent any more remote tweaks to the line from BT. Is this doable? Would using another VDSL router/modem combo achieve the same thing if so? I'm not liking all this constant readjusting of a line that I know performs perfectly fine on an open fastpath profile.

05:39:54, 26 Jun.5G WiFi auto selected channel 36 Bandwidth:80M(Reason:boot)
05:39:53, 26 Jun.CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.x.x.x; Connecting as user: ACS username
05:39:52, 26 Jun.CWMP: Session start now, server: pbthdm.x.x.x, Event code:
05:39:52, 26 Jun.CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
05:39:47, 26 Jun.5G WiFi scan(Reason:boot)
05:39:42, 26 Jun.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
05:39:42, 26 Jun.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
05:39:42, 26 Jun.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
05:39:41, 26 Jun.CWMP: session completed successfully
05:39:41, 26 Jun.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
05:39:41, 26 Jun.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
05:39:41, 26 Jun.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
05:39:40, 26 Jun.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
05:39:39, 26 Jun.CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.x.x.x; Connecting as user: ACS username
05:39:39, 26 Jun.CWMP: Session start now, server: pbthdm.x.x.x, Event code:
05:39:39, 26 Jun.CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 1 BOOT
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: HH5 Fortnightly Resyncs

If your line has been stable between the 14 day resyncs then I doubt it'll be DLM making any changes. The reason for this is a known issue with some BT Home Hub 5's, I bought a better quality router and never have this issue anymore.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 26

As I have posted more than once having been a sufferer. I have problem checked by mods and network team and was down to DLM but as the drops did not affect my connection - speed and noise margin same before and after reset - it was more of an inconvenience  than a problem. I reset my hub at a convenient  time to me so it did not affect me when I was on Internet. Initially it was thought to be hh5a but people also said had problem with hh5b

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanMax89
Contributor
Message 4 of 26

Source on this "known issue"? DLM can make changes both ways remember so, the slight increase in sync speed could point to that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Slight increase in speed shown in your original post isn't likely to be DLM, the Hub has just synced at a higher speed at it's current profile due to better line conditions.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

I don't believe DLM talks to the Hub, any action taken will be at the DSLAM. The TR-069 events are being caused by something else.  Certainly an unlocked HG612 will prevent any TR-069 activity on the hub. However, any change of end device will not prevent DLM activity. DLM action may trigger a reboot but not via TR-069 as far as I'm aware.

DanMax89
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

It's not even an inconvenience for my imjolly as it always happens at 5:30am 14 days apart, suggesting it's scheduled somehow from BT. My issue is the interleaving still being enabled on the line when I'm getting close to max sync rates for Infinity 2 and only 200m from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
DanMax89
Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Interesting you saying that TR-069 won't trigger a reboot, but before interleaving was enabled on the line the exact same events as I posted above were seen in the logs. I assume interleaving has to be a function of DLM and nothing else.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

I manually reset the router at a convenient time so the 14 day resets happened when I was not wanting the internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Interleaving applied will be DLM making changes, yes. But, the 14 day reboots are just DLM being a bit strange.

0 Ratings