cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: HH5 Fortnightly Resyncs

If your line was banded, then you have a chance but you may not get an Openreach engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

@DanMax89 wrote:

@licquorice I understand that, I'm just trying to determine if it is possible to have the DLM reset (as I've done before) then switch to a third party router/modem combo to avoid any further remote resyncs.

I don't believe the 2 things are linked. Something is re-booting your hub fortnightly and DLM has intervened on your line because it needs to. Openreach are only allowed to perform a DLM reset if they positively fix a fault on a visit. You could switch to a third party device any time to stop the resyncs.

0 Ratings
DanMax89
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

I've managed to get an engineer out to do a DLM reset without a fault so don't believe that nonsense they tell you. @licquorice - what would you personally recommend? An unlocked hg612 or a full vdsl 3rd party router/modem combo? I've been looking at several hg612 on ebay and such but there seem to be a few variations.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

I think you need to know what your requirements are and then choose. As far as modems go, just get a locked HG612 and unlock it yourself, it is trivial to do. I am currently using an unlocked HG612 in conjunction with a TP Link TD-W9980 router. I was previously using just the TP Link but it has no access to line stats other than the basics so hooked it up to the modem to get the stats. Both options work fine.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Are you talking to me? I never said you couldn't get an Openreach engineer visit without a fault.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

One retrain per day doesn't trigger DLM per se but it's annoying if it occurs when you use the connection
Otherwise don't worry
0 Ratings